So I managed to survive having anywhere from 9-11 kids over most of the day. I don't know how we kept accumulating them but we did. I knew I would have at least 6 or 7 until dinner... but the others were, um... bonuses.
The funny thing is that I was trying to get some things done. I know, it sounds CRAZY but it's never convenient to get anything done so I was going for it. I was trying to empty some of my 72 hour kids and I found Dinty Moore beef stew of all things that needed to be used up. They were big cans and I wasn't in the mood to make lunch. All 9 kids here at the time claimed to be hungry so I heated some up.
They loved it.
How come it isn't like that when I cook homemade things? When did Dinty Moore upstage home cooking? All 9 gobbled it up and wanted more. Um... sorry, I don't keep a lot of that hanging around.
I was terribly grouchy though so it was a send the kids downstairs to play type of day. Downstairs or out back... it was all the same to me. And S fell apart of course this morning. She screamed at the top of her lungs all the way home from dropping M off at dance. I gave her the chance to turn it around at home and she put forth some effort. I don't think her day was miserable. She did, however, have to clean the seats of the car as she decided to spit all over them when she was angry.
I also got grouchy at DH. He probably wishes he didn't ever call after finding out that S started out rough. I'll try better tomorrow. You'd think after 17 years I would get it right but I guess you just keep on plugging along and learn more.
So stupidity comes in because I only slept about 5 hours last night. Then I intended on taking a nap of some sort today but of course didn't feel like I could do that with 9+ kiddos in the house. And now I'm exhausted and wishing I didn't have midnight movie tickets. If I fall asleep during the movie I will feel so dang OLD! Of course tomorrow I have to be on the ball since T has a swim meet that has warm ups commencing at 8 am. I still need to get a redbox movie for home so the kiddilinks will be good or at least entertained.
So when I complain about being grouchy tomorrow, please call me on it and tell me that it serves me right.
Hmm... I wonder if I snore sitting up. Maybe I could discretely get a little sleep ;)
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment