The other day after swim I asked the coach if there was anything we could do to help T float on his back. The kid is such a sinker. She told us to fatten him up a bit or get him some flippers.
Since he has DH's build I didn't think fattening him up was going to happen too quickly. Today I bought him flippers. (I have been corrected.... training fins...)
But before I bought those I took him to his well child visit. Yep, the well child visit where I found out he just had a well child visit in June. Here I thought I was doing great because I was less than two months behind his birthday. I guess his visit in June so we could get the asthma meds refilled constituted a well child visit. Oh well, I tried. I swear I try. I just botch things a lot.
I did talk to the doc about his mole halos. (Looked good... see a dermatologist if we are worried). I asked about the blood food intolerance test that I want done on him now that I know our insurance covers it. (Go pay an allergist to give you advice.) Got a flu shot for the kid. (At least that was worth part of a copay).
Then we went to the super deal grocery place and I scored on super lean ground beef. The kid working in the produce gave me hope that apples would be similarly priced next week. If you only knew how much you made my WEEK produce boy. I so did NOT want to do applesauce this week.
Then it was over to flippers. (I mean fins.)
T went back to school. I picked S up from school as well as my friend's little girl. The kids stayed here until 2:30 when they went over to little friend's house for 25 minutes. Then crazy after school time started. M came home (but already dressed in dance clothes) and got a snack of celery. She left for dance within about 5 minutes. I worked on things around the house and then went to pick up T, D, and my friend's other little girl from an after school group. I had T change in the bathroom at school and we headed out for swim. On the way I dropped of my friend's little girl at dance so she could go home with her mom. This helpful thing comes and goes. You help a friend. She helps you. Everybody is happy and nobody keeps score. It's the best way to go. I love this little one that I had with me today. After we had Joshua, M asked if we could just adopt her. She's so dang cute. And T finally controlled his flatulence in the car while sitting next to her.
T did GREAT at swim. It was a strange day. The regular coaches weren't working with them today. Some other lady was there with a helper taking notes on everything they did. It seemed from where I was sitting they were keeping tabs on where the kids were at skill wise. And T did great. For being the scrawny little youngin, he really shined. He said his flippers gave me mental power even when he had to take them off. Goofy kid.
We were late getting home. M had a makeup after her pointe lesson so she finished late. And another little girl who takes a jazz class ends 15 min after the makeup. I had called her mom earlier to tell her I would just wait the extra 15 min and bring her home. There was absolutely no point in her mom driving in and back when I just needed to wait around a few extra minutes. We may have scared the little girl off though. She's used to driving with us when we have 5 fift and sixth graders in the car. It's a little different when it's a car full of siblings.
I had dinner done when we got home. I need to use that crock pot every MWF. It's the only way to survive in this house. I love having dinner ready for my family. If we can eat together then I feel like we are at least doing one thing right.
And the kiddo update-
M was the first kid out of all of her violin teacher's students to memorize the 5 page piece for the concert. Her hard work has paid off. (And of course it helps that DH let her practice in place of chores last week.)
T is certain he wants to be a pig for Halloween. Why of why does he have to be a pink pig?
D has been reading up a storm lately. He's finding his place at school and is doing really well. I think he's finally feeling confident that he is a forever member of the family.
S has had a hard week. Her teacher even commented on how she's a different kid compared to the beginning of the year. But she's trying. She is controlling her anger better than she used to when she would switch states. So I think she is improving.
C has been so funny. DH does this thing in the car where he takes his hand and pretends it's kind of like a ducks mouth and tries to get the kids to be quiet. C decided to do it on other people this week. She's pretty funny and she knows it. What wasn't funny was her deciding to sneak in my bed two nights in a row. She is so hard to sleep with. She fidgets too much. I'll take morning snuggling over night time sleeping anytime.
Anyway.... life is pretty good. I can't complain much this week. Our needs are met. Things continue to get better. Hopefully S will start to see things more brightly next week. I would love that for her.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment