Friday, October 22, 2010

Still in Jammies

It's almost 2;30 and I am still not dressed. Today, however, I have a slightly good excuse. Stormy weather is coming our way so first thing this morning I went and cleared out a bushel of green tomatoes out of our garden. Then, I spent a good chunk of the morning (almost 3 hours) chopping peppers, onions, and tomatoes for some green tomato salsa. This stuff had better turn out good because it has taken FOREVER. I just hate to see all those green tomatoes go to waste. I have at least another bushel of green ones out there but am running out of jars. So I can let those go to waste guilt free.

Between this and the applesauce I am feeling like I have done my job this harvest season. You know it's time for it all to end when you are looking forward to a good frost just to kill everything.

2 comments:

Erika Amonett said...

I had this one red cherry tomato that hung on through this last wintry season. I was impressed with its fortitude; I am even more impressed with your many talents to utilize all your produce. I wish I was more domesticated in such areas. I lose interest in my "garden" way too early.

Domestic Goddess said...

You should wear the Domestic Goddess crown today. The only thing I can is peaches.
Thanks for visiting my blog.