Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pack Night and a Prayer

Tonight we had T's first pack night. I got my first mama bobcat pin. T pinned it on me upside down. He was so proud of himself. When I sat down, C said to me, "Umph, no fair. Why did you get a babercat pin." I loved how she said it. They had a neighbor of ours there with his potters wheel. The kids were enamoured with the thing. Forget the video games folks. Get your kids some clay and a potters wheel. I'm just a little unsure of heating things to over 2000 degrees in our house though. Bummer.

When we got home T came to reclaim my pin. He thought he was supposed to use it to pin his patch on. It was disappointing to him that he just has to have me sew it.

During family prayers tonight D was doing one of his regular thoughtful prayers. He's our thinker when it comes to praying. Then out of the blue he asked for a special blessing on DH that he "wouldn't get run over by a car while he was running." Hmmm... that's pretty direct.

Speaking of running, I did manage to go today after school. It felt much hotter than it really was and I wasn't in the mood to do it but I did get out of here and get it done :) Tomorrow morning I am going to the track with friends and although the track is boring the driving down there is fun.

We also had flu shots today. M was scared. She hates the things. C stepped right up to be first and to show her siblings how brave she was. S wasn't going to act scared after that. Then it was D's turn. He asked to sit on my lap. This year he didn't have a meltdown or anything. M's turn came next and she wanted to sit her almost 11 year old body on my lap too. Then to make them laugh I had them hold my hands while the lady gave me my shot. It's over for another year :)

It's not such a bad day. I'm still not done with my applesauce. I really hate bottling it but love serving something decent to my family. So back to applesauce I go..............

1 comment:

Shannon Adams said...

Yum... Applesauce!!!
Have you had your posts printed in a book for your kids yet?