That's what the kids are doing right now.... There is candy all over the family room. (I'm not exaggerating here. I really mean it's all over.)'s We have D's 'tower of candy', T's little piles called 'candy galore', M's lined up and accounted for candy (she kept track of what she received by category before and after the storm.... no Crunch bars post storm), and S big pile of whatever (she's too busy eating to sort), and C's messy pile of candy and wrappers.
I think it's funny that they are inventorying everything as tomorrow we will let them pick their favorite candies and then the remaining million pieces will go into the community bucket that I'll dole out sparingly. We have enough candy to last a while. (At least according to M who has 127 pieces from Grannie's work, Papa's work, DH's work, the church party, and the neighborhood.) That's about 500 pieces in the community bucket. At a piece a day they have a 3 month supply.
This has been the longest Halloween week. The kids had their day at school. We had a day of visiting relatives and doing more celebrating. Then we did the real thing today (which wasn't really real because it wasn't even Halloween... alas Halloween is on a Sunday).
When asked what their favorite thing about Halloween is I got the following responses.
M-Pumpkin seeds
T-
D-Carving pumpkins
S-Eating candy
C-When everyone comes and you pass out the candy (with a number 2 of 'whenever you eat all your candy and your tummy is all fat).
DH-When it does not fall on a quarter end (which is NEVER)
Me-Bedtime :)
We had a really cool storm roll through today. It reminded me of an old movie called The Fog or something like that. The kids went around the block (as I am the weather.com following mama) and then BAM, it was quite a storm with tons of hail and wind. Later, I left some candy outside and took the kids out in the cold.
Other highlights (or lowlights of the week).
C threw up in M's bed yet again!
I figured out the games for M's class at school.
I worked in T's class for Halloween.
We had S's playgroup at our house.
M surprised her violin teacher with a new concerto.
S had a hard time with her difficult behaviors. We need a new psych appointment to adjust meds I believe.
T finished his first real book report and did the whole things in cursive.
D had a great Halloween program at school. He was really into it.
T was a super popular pig. He was sought out by the big bad wolf dressed as grandma and picked up. He was really confident in that costume.
And that will have to be it as I am out of time and my kids are an hour past their bedtime. :(
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment