Monday, October 18, 2010

Snaggletooth

Today was a dental cleaning for T. I was looking forward to finding out what we could do for his alarming teeth situation. Last week we went with some good friends (the ones from far across the sea according to C) to a little Halloween shindig. T and D both won themselves some super snazzy plastic vampire teeth. D was happy because they will go with his Halloween costume. T popped them in and I thought, "Wow! What an improvement." His smile looked a little more filled in with the *gasp* fake cheapo vampire teeth. I even contemplated having him wear them for pics.

We go to the dentist today for his cleaning. And lo and behold another tooth is starting to appear behind Mr. Twisted Tooth. The dentist thought at first that he was getting one of his teeth about two years early. A panoramic xray showed that instead he just has ANOTHER extra tooth in there. He had an extra baby tooth too and so it would make sense that its matching permanent tooth would be there. The tooth is keeping the twisted one all twisty and is preventing the snaggletooth from coming down. That's why snaggle popped out up on the top of his gums.

The plan of action is to wait for up to two months to see if the rest of this second tooth will come out. I guess we want to make sure that it's a big enough tooth before we pull it's twisted partner. Then, the twisted one will come out and hopefully everything will start shifting into a more normal place. T might just not need a ton of orthodontia after all :)

Speaking of teeth, M pulled out a tooth at the dinner table last night. EWWWW! She's getting brave.

S is so wishing she would lose a tooth but she doesn't even have a loose one yet. But if she is like D, she'll start losing them late, but then practically lose the entire front of her mouth at once.

On other topics..............

The big huge concert is OVER. DH and I are more than thrilled. It was a long day with the rehearsals for the 3 big kids. The little girls and I went over to DH's sister's house and hung out for a while. The kids adore their cousin and I had fun chatting. I owe her a bunch of Reese's Pieces though as I ate a ton of them. (I paid the price the next day!)

The concert started late considering the ages of the kids. I sat with C and S. They were doing great. They both were warming up (i.e. sawing away at their violins in a taca taca stop stop rhythm) before the concert started. The bad thing was that they were near the end of the concert. About 7 minutes from their part C decides she has had it and says, "I just can't do it. I'm too tired." And that was that. I told her to keep her little body in its cute little outfit down so she couldn't be seen on the video. S did a good job. When they first started to play she got an alarmed look on her face and then jumped right in and did her thing. DH was with D the whole time and they were far from me. T was in his group sans parents. He made some friend with a girl named Esther. It seems that she was in the know on a lot of things. And M, she was in a very visible spot and so I could watch her. I loved watching her group play their song because they were like a big giant machine playing their fast concerto. It amazes me that she can play so well already. We celebrated with some ice cream and then came home to get the kids in bed.

This week M is trying to memorize another concerto before her lesson. I told her I'd buy her a candy bar if she can memorize it this week. It doesn't have to be up to speed but it would be great for her to surprise her teacher. The other kids can kind of slack off a bit this week.

What else has happened? DH and I went running together on Friday. It was fun to go out even if it got a little toasty. I made it 4.25 miles and DH made it one more. My motivation has been close to ZERO lately so that was a good run for me.

Life is still pretty good. I have 110 pounds of apples left to sauce in the next couple of days and a garden full of green tomatoes that I should turn into green tomato salsa. We'll see what I can get done.

1 comment:

Shannon Adams said...

I think you're incredibly impressive. Keep up the running and canning!