Wednesday, December 5, 2007

December already

I shouldn't have talked about being a slacker over a week ago because I think I fit the bill more now. Being busy is taking over life.

In a nutshell....

M- still herself, still thinks L is adorable (and sneaks and cuddles her when she is in trouble), wants the rules to be different for her (extra candy etc. without showing the others), growing up too fast.

T- He's had a rough week. He's being too much of a tease and not enough of an example. Luckily, he's being great at school.

D- Doing better. He still talks super duper loudly and can wake up C from the other side of the house. He's still going through socks and blanket sleepers like crazy because he drags his feet when he runs. But he's doing a pretty good job. This past week he started giving me a little attitude in his tone of voice. Today there was nothing. Perhaps he didn't like me being stern with him over it.

L- She WAS being delightful but today she was a pill. She shoved C's head into the ground because C was following her. She is throwing tantrum after tantrum. I think it's the adjustment combined with the fact that she is two and two year olds are well... two. Needless to say she had a number of time outs today.

C- my fake crier is acting old all of a sudden. She will be one next week. YIKES!

Me- sick yet again. I went through two giant boxes of tissues in the last two days. I am just having a hard time shaking illness this year. It stinks but isn't the end of the world. It just makes me edgier with the kids. That's not something I like.

DH- I think he's tired too but he's hiding it better.

And if I am so wiped why am I typing on the computer you wonder... It's because I have been looking everywhere for T's inhaler. I just can't find the thing and he's starting to cough. I gave him his long term one but that's no good for right now. I don't know where the instant one is. I have checked all over. I swear it's in the bottom of a diaper bag but I can only find two diaper bags and it's in neither. Did I mention that dh's cousin died when he was a kid because he had asthma and couldn't get enough air. It scares me. So my plan is to go in and climb to the top bunk, watch him breathe, make sure his lungs are inflating and then go to bed and get a refill in the morning before I watch a friend's little girl. I hate to go to bed without that puffer though.

I was im'ing with a friend today and she asked if I was feeling edgy perhaps because it's December and I always get bummed with Niko's birthday fast approaching. I told her I don't even have time to think about it. It's all about getting through each day and making it to bedtime. I'm wondering how it will work out. Will it hit hard as we drive to AZ to go and clean up his little grave? Will it just not hit this year. It would be a first. It seems like in the past things always hit... You can't avoid the inevitable. I just wonder how it will happen this year.

Okay... off I go to watch my big babe breath. And then it's off to bed for me.

2 comments:

atypical said...

Oh goodness, I hope the overnight went okay. Sending prayers as always.

-me

Sheral Wilson said...

I hope things are better!!
I do want to be in on your personal blog... just haven't let you know, yet.