Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Slacker

I'm feeling like a bit of a slacker on this blog. I don't think I am a true slackhead. I'm just a slacker without enough time to really slack.

Our weekend wasn't bad. I got out a bit. Saturday I took T to his wrestling match. I think volunteered to go shopping for underwear for the boys. I don't know what is happening but underwear are disappearing from everywhere. It seems like just plain white packs of underwear in size 6 are an endangered species. I got the last pack out of two stores. Maybe they are doing it to try to suck me into buying overpriced 3 packs of character ones. It seems like there are plenty of size 16 white underwear. I guess they don't think they are going to lose that business to Bob the Builder.

I saw something I can almost guarantee will be on the clearance rack in January. It's a size 24 month onesie that says, "Babies First Christmas." Hmmm... I'm not saying that there aren't babies that are a year that are the size of a two year old but is there really a market for these shirts.

The kids did better at church. The boys' teacher did a lesson on tithing and D cried that he would have to give 10% of his money. We told him he didn't have to do it but of course T says he wants to and as a result so does D. Then he cried because he couldn't keep both parts of the tithing receipt. One goes in the envelope and shows how much you are giving and what form it is coming in, etc. and the other is yours to keep for records. We still have some hoarding going on and he didn't want to part with it. I got him calmed down and happy to have one more small paper to accumulate instead of two.

M did her presentation in school. Her teacher asked if she wanted to use the mic for it and she said a very quick yes. She seemed to like the idea of having a microphone. That surprised me because it doesn't seem like it would be her nature.

T had a wrestling match tonight. I couldn't believe his opponent. This kid had muscles. He had veins on his muscles. What 5-7 year old has that? I was certain he was going to clobber T. But T, he won. He shocked me. Those lanky limbs are as useful as muscles I guess. It's the first time I have seen him really have to work.

What else? Tomorrow I take L and D to the dentist. I am not even mentioning it to them yet because I know that D will freak out and L will talk about how she is going to show the dentist her 'pretty' teeth. (She is all about being pretty.)

Things are getting more normal. It's taking a lot of time. I thought when we met with the social worker before all this got really started I knew what I was in for. I had no idea. But it's okay. We are making great strides. I think everyone is benefiting from more structure and a more constant follow through. I can't be lazy anymore and just offer second chances. It would ruin all my work.

Oh and the hall, it's partially tiled. DH can only do about two rows a night because the kids have to jump over it to get to their rooms. What a guy to start a little more each night.

And with that I go to bed. I can't be spending any more time on this computer or I'll pay tomorrow.

No comments: