Last night we were driving home from Granny's. On Sundays we don't watch regular television or movies in our family. Needless to say, the kids just about DIE going the hour to Granny's house because there is only so much that can go in the DVD player in the Jeep. We have a video of children's songs being signed. It's really a thing to help people learn to sign the kids songs. The kids get so desperate that they are willing to watch that and sing along. I look back and C is moving her hands in the funniest ways. She was trying to sign the songs. It was just adorable.
Then this morning I wanted her to come and give me a kiss on the cheek. I made kissing sounds and tapped my cheek. She walked over, made kissing sounds, smiled, and tapped my cheek.
Gotta love that kid!!!
On a bad note, we were taking back dh's parents' trailer last night. We had used it to haul away building materials and to get compost for our garden (much needed this year as food has gotten more and more expensive and I need to garden a bunch this year). DH thinks he didn't get something in tightly enough and about 35 minutes into our drive part of the tailgate came off and was dragging on the freeway. Sparks were everywhere. The tailgate is ruined and we are hoping we can just buy dh's parents a new one. If not, it'll be a new trailer and that will be pricey. We're just in that everything is breaking mode. But I can't complain too much because so many things have gone better. We don't need a big television right now, nor do we really need a DVD player in our house, and I found a new shredder at a garage sale (maybe I already mentioned that), so I can't whine too much about it.
And of course....
positive note- we stayed safe on the freeway when we could have caused an accident. That's something money can't buy.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment