Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Teeth

Today was a pretty great day. I told a friend this afternoon that I was going to make sure I blogged about my 'great' day because there are only so many. What's funny is that I am still thinking it's a pretty great day after getting cleaned up from having C, the baby, throw up all over me.

It started with C waking up after getting sick in the night. It didn't seem like a great way to start the day. DH, of course, was totally grossed out and disappeared shortly after he realized what had happened.

Then this morning T lost his first 'real' tooth. He had an extra tooth pulled when he was two but I don't really count that as his first real lost tooth. He just wiggled it a bunch and it fell out. He was thrilled. The funny thing is that I had finally scheduled M to go and have a tooth pulled that has been loose for almost nine months that has turned orange because it was dead. The new tooth has been in forever and the old tooth just wouldn't come out. Our tradition with lost teeth is that you get to choose a place to go out to dinner. I have been begging M to bite on that tooth so I wouldn't have to cook for a night. She had picked Fazolis as her place months ago. And then what happened? Baby brother came by and had to lose his tooth that didn't even seem as loose before her. He picked that mouse house pizza place. We ended up with dad's great idea of eating at Fazolis (that just does NOT look right and I am too lazy to open a new window and look it up) and going to the mouse place after for games. The kids had a blast.

S had a pretty good day. She lost some privileges today for not behaving but in reality, she was pretty good. I think she will be even better next time because she was really bummed to lose out on sidewalk chalk time. She was also DRY all day and last night.

D had his moments today. I think he really is threatened by S not being the bad kid any more. He likes to be the good kid. I am trying to make him realize that we have room for 5 good kids in this house.

Oh, I also dig scrapped two more layouts from Easter. It really isn't quite as great as the real stuff. There is just something about doing it with your hands. But, really, when do I have time to even get my stuff out, let alone do it. I am trying for a layout a day right now. It's so easy and I did it today while watching the kids out the front window.

Oh and my hyacinth are smelling sooooo yummy. They are just heavenly flowers. It's too dang bad that I am so scared of the bees that love them as well.

Another great thing today was that T really surprised us at violin. We have missed lessons for the past two weeks because we have had sickies. The kid hasn't practiced at all. Boy did he show us what he was capable of. He played so well today. At violin though, C took M's 'tooth necklace' (little molar looking thing that holds the tooth from the dentist's) and lost her tooth. We looked everywhere. I'm now wondering if she ate it. EWWWW! I wouldn't put it past her little pinchers.

It was a great day, throw up and all. I am hoping, though, that all that throwing up is done and that it doesn't spread.

No comments: