(I have that thump thump thump thing going on in my head....)
Today wasn't too bad. This morning I had S's parent teacher conference. There never was a worry. I just show up because I don't want to look like a loser.
Then we came home. I made a call to a local scholastic store to ask if they might sell me one. They didn't have any of the kind in stock that I wanted (just those dang UV light ones) but the sweet lady on the phone told me to call back on Monday. She thinks she has one at home. She said she buys crap for her kids all the time and they don't use it. Can you even believe how nice that is?
I did a little work until....drum roll..... we went to the 'play place' (respite). I used my respite time to go from store to store looking for the dang decoder marker. I never found the marker. I did have fun wandering in many of the stores though.
I felt tired today though. Maybe it was a blood sugar thing. I ended up buying apples and ate more than my allotment for the day. Oh well... I'd rather feel better and have the scale not move much. Usually I have no problems. It makes me think that it was blood sugar related. It only took a few bites of the apple to feel better. But of course, then I just polished more than one off.
The kids came home from school and everything was set into motion. M got ready for dance and T got ready for swim team. S threw fit after fit. Oh well, not every day can be ideal. When we went to pick T up from swim S just kept playing with her toes and then would put her hands in her mouth. I just couldn't handle it so I told her that it made me feel like I didn't want to have her at the dinner table (dinner was minutes away). I told her that I sure hoped she would stop because I wanted her to join us but if she continued to play with her feet and put her hands in her mouth I would have to let her eat after us. So what did she do? You guessed it. Her hands went right to those little feet. EWWWW!
A little later my friend called and said that the turnout at a church function wasn't so fabulous and that we needed to head over. We got there and they were ballroom dancing. DH was somewhat mortified I think. Dancing isn't his thing and well... give me a ballet class but other than that I am not into the whole dance in public thing. Luckily, they were moving onto a game. We joined and because of the small numbers, it was over soon.
And that's where we stand. DH is going snowboarding tomorrow and I am really glad. The weekends are disappearing and the snow will be great tomorrow.
For the kiddos-
M came home from dance determined to go into the very intensive dance program. She had already said she wanted to but she really seemed to mean it. I wonder what happened in pointe class.
T went to the church function (babysitters there) in a swimsuit. It was snowy outside. He didn't care.
D had a great week at school according to his teacher's email. Maybe the police station helped.
S slipped into fakin' bacon girl. I'm hoping it's gone tomorrow. She gets lost in her head when she isn't overexagerting at something. There were super intense fake giggles. It's a sure sign that things aren't right.
C decided she isn't going to always be the boy when they are playing pretend games. She gave S a piece of her mind.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment