I was informed today that it isn't the happy bowl in T's classroom. It's the happy bubble.
This morning was a busy one. My friend's little girl came down and poked her head in the house. She pretty much always invites herself in. I was fine with it and had her in to play. Then, another friend was needing someone to watch her two cuties while she went to the doctor's office. So I sent my friend's daughter and my two down to the other home so I could take a quick shower.
Wouldn't you know that I also got an email from T's teacher. I guess his day yesterday wasn't all that stellar. I'm thinking the only reason his name was in the happy bubble was because the teacher hadn't erased it from the day before.
What to do?
Well, I finished that shower and then added the little ones to my household. Then we headed over to T's school and marched into the madhouse known as the lunchroom. T was almost ready to punch in his code. I saw M and she read my lips when I told her to get T's attention. We already looked like a freak show as I had 5 kids in a line with me all under 5 years old. So I checked T out of school and headed home for him to write and apology to the sub (who happens to be a mom of one of his classmates). He was less than thrilled.
When he went back to school he seemed genuinely sad that he hadn't acted better. It's not that I expect him to be perfect all of the time. But I don't want him to ever be disrespectful. And well, I know what it's like to sub.
Then after school T got to work in his disastrous room.
I bet the ladies in the school's office are thinking I am nuts. I might be.
I had book club tonight. For once I was done with the book. It's fun to get away and chat with people.
And now I am past my bedtime.
Oh and the crumbs are still in the car. It kept raining a little here and there today. I wasn't in the mood to vacuum. Plus, it's hard to vacuum a car with five very small children around.
Today-
M wanted short curls for school picture day. I wonder how they turned out.
T had a tatoo of sorts on his arm. I tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on it to try to get it off. It made his arm red and icky. The tatoo stayed. I told him to have the people hide it in the picture. They did by having him fold his arms. Then I notice on the other hand he had a big ol' stamp. NICE!
D had a good day at school. He did his reading and homework without complaining. I let him go to a friend's house for a little while and he was thrilled. It's amazing how much more fun life is when you make good decisions.
S had a bit of a rough day. She wanted dinner at a friend's and I told her it would count as dinner. She still wanted to eat the spaghettios. (YUCK!) She was mad she didn't get a second dinner and ended up in bed a couple of minutes early.
C was a stinker as well. She went all through Walmart with a dress on that is too small with a jammie top over it. Then she took her shoes off and looked like a little urchin. I hate to say it but I didn't care.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment