We got away for a weekend. I should probably retype that all in caps because it's worth a scream.
On Friday I went and picked up DH's sister. I gave her the scoop on the kids and told her that I wasn't worried because the second I was out of the house things would simmer down quickly. It's an RAD kid thing. They save the good stuff for mom and dad :)
I have to admit I was a bit embarrassed to have her come over. My house was a wreck. I'm not talking about the 'wreck' you say your house is when your visiting teachers are coming over and you have been cleaning like a mad woman but still can't finish. We're talking the I am frazzled and lucky to not be in the loony bin type of wreck.
Anyway... D had a melt down before I went. He's was putting on quite a show for my SIL. I was talking to her and he was jumping up and down screaming in my face like he was on a pogo stick. But he was sans a pogo stick. The kid has springs for legs.
I left with my neighbor to meet DH at M's dance class. Of course I ended up calling my SIL and just like I said he stopped when he realized I was gone. He came inside and asked if I was there and then she said he turned into a little angel just as I had told her he would. (See I so don't make this stuff up.)
DH and I went to a burger place where they were kind enough to put their yummy ol' burger on lettuce for me. Then we went to Costco. (Does this sound datish or WHAT?) I was thrilled to get a good deal on macadamia nuts for my cheese (which I still haven't started).
The next day DH woke up at 5 something and went down in the lobby to use the Internet to work. There is no real vacation these days (even on a Saturday). We later went to a steakhouse for 'brunch' and then went shopping at this random store that carries some cool stuff and a lot of crap. We bought a ton of crap ;) Actually we mainly stocked up on corn chips for the kids' lunches. I've been trying to figure out what to do with T. But I know if I give him these little Scoops with some beans he'll at least ingest a little protein during the day.
Later that night we went out with friends to see a show that is a spoof on the Stephanie Meyer books. It's up my alley to go to these sort of corny and wholesome shows. While it was going on DH and his friend were talking a bit and they got 'caught' by one of the cast members. They were called onto stage and behind the curtain. You have to know that DH is so not into being the center of attention. So I knew it would be interesting. Out they came with the other cast members, DH in a pro basketball jacket and hat and his friend in a giant chicken hat. It was hilarious as they had to stand up and sing to the Ghostbusters song. (I guess when they got backstage the people weren't as thrilled that two tall people were picked as the clothes didn't really fit.) It so made it worth going to. (The wrapless wrap that had no fork wasn't so great... but that's another story.) We then went and played games and watched an episode of Little Mosque until about 1:30 in the morning.
The next day we stayed at the hotel until checkout and then went to get something to eat. Can I just say how guilt I was feeling for going out to eat on Sunday when we were only an hour from our own home. And then after eating I went to put my bowl on my plate and it grazed my shirt leaving a nice big stain. I didn't even get the stain from shlepping while eating. (I have no clue if that is a word but it means something to me.)
Later that day the stain was the first thing M noticed. I tried to hide my guilt with a little, "Well, we had to eat." And M just looked at me and said, "Well, I guess Heavenly Father will forgive you."
Next time I'll take my own food for Sunday.
The kids are back to normal. It happened almost instantly. The chaos began but I felt much better having rested.
Today I was supposed to go and spill my guts to the kids' therapist. It took over a month and a half to get the appointment and then T started throwing up this morning. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll just mail the psych evaluations too and hope the psych can help me with D before March.
And that is life.
(Not to worry, it's not too bad. T got to the bathroom .)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment