I sort of blew it yesterday. I made it two apples in and I decided what the heck and the almond flour cookies got the best of me. They were better than great by the way.
The funny thing was that my stomach started hurting within ten minutes. When you haven't eaten much fat for 6 weeks your body sort of revolts when it gets too big of a dose. Maybe it was mental. Either way, I was happy. Happy, you ask (even though there are about two whos probably that really look at this thing and one of them is often me ). Yep, I finally got a natural consequence for an action. I like consequences. You have to like consequences when you like rules. So after being stalled for a very long time and not getting what I thought should be the consequence, I got one. So what if it wasn't good. At least it seemed just.
So today I ditched the diet (well just went into the next phase). Six weeks is enough time. I think this body of mine needs a break. It's ready for some bell peppers and onions sauteed in olive oil. I'm taking a rest and am going to try to shoot for running 5 days a week. Yesterday the bib numbers for the half DH and I signed up for were sent. Wouldn't you know it, they didn't send mine. We show we paid but apparently they know more about me than I do. Hello race organizers, you need me. I'm your final finisher :)
My diet will wait for me as will my portable food storage that I carry on my thighs. So three weeks of no starches and sugars. But yeah for oils, dairy, almond flour, and coconut flour. How exciting.
Let's see.. yesterday
M bit T in the car. Yes, that's right. She bit him because she wanted him to sit in the back row of the car. What the heck? She's TEN.
T needs a new chin rest for his violin. Apparently he is just too skinny for a regular one.
D made it through with a good day at school once again. He started cycling a bit this morning but we got him out of it. It's been a while since he had a good run like this.
S continues to struggle. She has 'accidentally' hurt people over and over for the last few days. She's my appendage at the moment because it seems like C gets hurt every time I go to the bathroom. On a different note, she loved decorating hard boiled eggs at preschool yesterday.
C decided to put Palmolive in her hair yesterday. It's still not all out. Ewwww! I don't know what she was thinking.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rules and consequences, whether positive or negative, make my heart palpitate a little faster. I want my insides to hurt when I eat too much sugar. It means there is uncompromising order in my universe...and in my intestines. :)
Post a Comment