Thursday, April 22, 2010

Smoke

M went down to go to bed tonight and found a smokey smell in the basement. It's coming from T's room or the hall. We took out the lightbulb that was used for cooking marshmallows. The lightbulb doesn't smell. We felt all of the walls for warmth. So far, nothing.

It's still bothering me. Right now we have the kids sleeping on the floor upstairs (the two big kids) and the windows open.

What do you do. There is no evidence of fire. We have felt the ceilings and the walls. I wish the fire department could come and check it without some giant truck and sirens. That's pretty embarassing.

I still don't think I'll be able to sleep. I'm using blogging as a way to pass time and see if whatever it is disappears.

UGH! I questioned T to see if he had done more marshmallows and he swears he hasn't. He also said there has been no playing with lighters (where would he even find one?) or matches.

So I am hoping the smell goes out the windows and doesn't come back.

Off I go to check.

No comments: