Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update on the Smoke

I decided to clean T's room and found the problem. That would be matches. It's now 11pm and he is searching his room for the box he used to light them. I managed to find 4 used ones and 2 that wouldn't light. He can't, for some ODD reason, remember what he did with the box. So the kid gets to clean his entire room at 11pm or until he finds them.

I'm just so dang grateful he didn't burn our house down. I'm so disappointed that he lied to us when we asked him if he a lighter or matches today. That's worse than having lit the matches. DH told me that he thinks he remembers doing a similar thing with his brother. Lucky for D, he was in bed when all this happened. (He was already in trouble for hurting a girl at school today... a little retaliation. He'll be thrilled to know that T is in even more trouble.)

The good news is that I think I can sleep. I found the 4 used matches all together. I'm washing his clothes so there shouldn't be a bunch of burning matches there.

Oh and T now has poop scooping duty, cleaning out the entire garden (a chore I have been putting off like crazy), no Ripstick, no playing with friends or in the front yard... the list goes on. I hope he never tries to play with matches again.

And I really hope he find sthe box of matches soon we can go to sleep.

No comments: