Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

My good friend is having brain surgery tomorrow. We have joked about it. She's hoping for a little extra memory to inserted in before they close things up. She has a great well known surgeon.

But still I worry.

So we laugh. It's the same laugh we have when we talk about dead kids. (She has one little boy and I have my two.) What else can you do but kind of laugh things off?

But still I worry.

My mind will be heavy with prayers tomorrow as I do mundane and somewhat important things. I'll be watching another friend's children in the morning. I'll be trying to get my house picked up. I'll be hosting a birthday party for T in the afternoon for him and a bunch of friends. (He made his own cake and is so thrilled with it.)

But still I will worry until I hear from her mum that things are looking good.

And then hopefully, one day, we'll totally joke around about the week she can't really remember.

But for now, I am just left with worry.

4 comments:

Sheral Wilson said...

I'll worry too... that way you don't have to do it on your own! :)

vicky said...

Sheral is a good friend!
I hope your friend is doing well now. I'm sorry I didn't get to help you worry.

atypical said...

I'll tell you, I picked a heck of a week to not keep up on reading anything. Sorry I wasn't around to laugh and worry with you. :(

Erika Amonett said...

Hugs to both you and your sweet friend!