I'm working on trying to figure out what to feed DH. He finally went to have a blood test to see what foods he is intolerant to. We sort of had things figured out before but had the test done to make sure we weren't missing things.
We were.
He came up abnormal for cow's milk, gluten, eggs, soy, almonds (which most likely means many other tree nuts too... the test was only on one type of tree nut), peanuts (highest thing), and oats. We were left with rice and corn pretty much that didn't bother him. The doctor did advise him, however, that as he has eaten almost no corn in the last year he could still have problems with it but it wouldn't show up. More importantly, corn turns to sugar in the body and adds to inflammation. So I need to figure out what to feed the guy. Not only do I need to figure out how to feed him, I need to figure out how to do it for a good deal. I'm also going to do a little research because I thought I remembered reading that part of the egg was more problematic than the other. I just need to know if it's the yolk or the white. It's kind of important to find out as eggs are key in using coconut flour for baking.
And I need to figure this out because T is DH but younger. We know he has some of the same problems and most likely has a chunk of them. So I need to figure out how to feed his little body too.
Oy vay!
In other news, school starts in LESS than two weeks. We are all ready :)
What else? I went to the running doctor guy. I felt kind of silly going in there. Someone came in before the doctor to work on my 'injury'. I told her I wasn't injured really but that I had peroneal tendon issues recently. So she worked on that a little. I felt dumb. What was I doing there?
Then the doctor guy came in. He had me stand up facing him so he could look at my remarkable feet. he made me turn them at an angle because they were too much for him to handle straight on. They really are so super flat and with my hips turned out it just exacerbates the whole thing. Then he started feeling around my ankles and found that yes, my peroneal tendon is still inflamed. He said it's probably often hurt with feet like mine. It killed as he worked on it. He asked me a few questions, told me I underestimate myself.
Then lucky me got to go to another room to walk and then job across this pad hooked to his computer. I did it and he asked me to do it again. I thought I had done something wrong so I asked about it. He said, "No, I just don't usually see numbers like this and so it's kind of cool." Luckily, he said my feet weren't the worst he had ever seen. I guess one woman's feet were so bad the computer couldn't tell which was her right and which was her left. It could read mine. One point for the crappy feet!
He said wearing Vibrams was the best thing I have done. He said he could tell I was really trying to use what I have. That being said, for long runs I need zeroed out shoes with a big spendy orthotic. You know, this doc doesn't like orthotics. He's a big fan of Vibrams instead according to my other friends, but my feet are so flat he thinks I need them for the support on those 8-12 milers. So now I need to buy a new pair of shoes, have the insides scooped out and put custom orthotics in them. (These orthotics had better work better than the ones I had as a teen.)
Then he did some acupuncture. That kind of freaked me out.
When I got home I tried to impress the kids with the fact that they stuck me with a bunch of needles. Instead of being impressed D asked me if the needles were to help me not be fat.
Can you feel the love?
Then S added in, "Because you are fat mom."
Nice.
My heart is going pitter patter.
There is nothing like a couple of kids to keep things honest.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment