Yeah for the kids. Yeah for me. It's a win no matter what!
They were happy campers going back to school. I am a happy camper letting them go back to school.
DH took yesterday off and did the traditional walk your kids to their classes for the first day thing. M and T both tried to pretend they were embarrassed.
One thing I thought was funny was that no one picked new clothes to wear. Madeleine didn't even pick new to her clothes. She wore a cute outfit she has had for over a year. I'm glad they don't feel like they have to impress people.
According to the kids, the first day was great except for grumbling about having to sit with their own classes during lunch.
I went to the running doc and ran errands since DH was home. Bad news on the running front. I not only have some tendon issues but I have a little friendly neighbor ligament that decided to get involved. This means that I most likely will have a to take a couple of months off of running, it's just a matter of when. Doesn't it figure that when the weather starts to change and my time finally gets more respectable that I have to stop. The doc even mentioned that a boot might be needed for a couple of months. YIKES! But he's letting me try to run this week with it taped :)
What else? C is almost potty trained. I thought she was and then had an accident last night. Both she and S learned to ride two wheelers yesterday. C did it and then S followed about ten minutes later.
T had a birthday party. He's 8 now. It was perhaps the most poorly planned party and the kids still really liked it. I'm thinking I have been trying too hard in the past. The kids don't need as much as moms think. He even made his very own cake. He put mint in the frosting and his friends said it tasted a bit like yummy toothpaste. He was thrilled!
DH and I went wakeboarding with friends. Actually, I should correct that. DH and friends went wakeboarding and I drug myself behind the boat. I guess if you don't have the flexibility to squat you can't really sit on the board enough to wakeboard. That explains my issues with snowboarding and skiing too. The doc had to laugh at me when I told him. When I walked into his office I said that my tendon was hurting and that "I would love to say it's because I went wakeboarding but I never got up." He said maybe they could fix me enough by next year so I could get up.
Today S had her K assessment. C and I went outside and did hopscotch. I think S did fine. She's a little smartie pants. I'm sure she is going to love K.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment