Really that is just my hope. I just went back and checked and I am on day 12 of a stall on this dang diet. It's hard to keep your motivation up when you have stalled this long. Grrr... maybe tomorrow is the day. If nothing else I am learning a little perseverance and patience.
The weekend is over and the kids are all back in school. I'm hoping it is a good week for them. D managed to make it the entire weekend without losing sugar (no hitting me, kicking me, biting me, or calling me names). He wanted to a few times and held it together. That's a big high five for him.
S struggled all weekend and continues to do so. She's still fakin' bacon girl and is in her own little land. It's interesting to see other people when she is faking life. They seem to think she is so endearing. Real is so much better. The fake stuff is hard to watch.
T went snowboarding with DH and DH's friend and his daughter. The kids had a good time it seems. I'm glad that DH has learned to chill on a lot of things. He really liked having some time with T. It means he has to sacrifice some of his time on the mountain. I sent him with our old camera (the one with the duct tape covering the battery opening). It's pretty old as far as digital cameras go. But it's a special one to me because we bought it just before having Joshua. We were so grateful to have it because it allowed us to capture so many memories that we wouldn't have gotten without it. Anyway, DH's friend was teasing me a bit about it saying I should get a new one. He of course had no idea that the camera had taken the some of the most important pictures we have ever taken. It'll probably be our toss in the pocket to take impromptu pictures for many years to come. Plus, DH would much rather spend the money that could buy a new camera on skiing days with the kids. One thing I really like about this camera anyway is that the videos are NOT HD videos. The files from our new camera are huge and don't upload well to a blog. I kind of like the old school ones.
Speaking of skiing. M told DH that she wanted to go next time. She hasn't been interested in going this season. We haven't even purchased boots in her size. But she wants some daddy time. One of her favorite things is to get 'ski lunch'. About half the time DH takes snacks and they eat in the car. But M loves ski lunch. I think she is a little nervous though because she asked DH for her edgie wedgies back. She hasn't used those in years and has been going to the top of the mountain. Once again, I'll be sending the old camera for documentation.
We went and played games on Saturday night. The kids watched movies except T who is somewhat addicted to XBOX. If we had a video system that is all he would do. (Okay, and it is all I would probably do too.)
Sunday was a church day. I was slow getting moving. I don't know if I was thinking everyone was just going to magically appear ready or what. I made DH some food and then later made the kids grilled cheese (except T of course) and then decided I needed to get my act together.
We were late.
Last night I made my first batch of cookies with almond flour. DH really liked them and it tickled me that I made something that made him so happy. I'm hoping between the coconut flour and the almond flour I can give him things that seem a bit more normal. Plus, both of those have plenty of calories and he needs lots of those dang calories.
Onto my apple day. It's my last ditch effort to break this stall before I just throw in the towel and say forget it. But I pretty much out of clothes to wear and I am so NOT in the mood to buy them in this size. I want to buy them one size smaller dang it. So here's to hoping that my apple do the trick and tomorrow I have the desire to not give up.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll cross my fingers that you don't "stall" in the morning! You are looking great! If I didn't have such a hangup about drinking pee I'd do the diet too! (I don't know if that's really what it is... I've only heard stories and of course, there is the fact that I have no self control!) Oh well, love me fat or don't love me at all!!
Love you however you are Sheral!
Post a Comment