This is going to have to be short because there are more things to pick up in my family room than I can count. (That may be just a bit of an exaggeration.... After all, I actually was a math teacher at one point.)
Today was the sugar holiday, I mean Valentine's Day party at school. It was T's turn to have me in his class and off we went with store ordered sugar cookies, candies, and frosting. When I went to pick up the cookies at the store I saw gazillions of orders (I'm into exaggerating right now.) They must have made a killing off of all of the parents that have to have store bought treats but don't really want to make cute Valentine bugs out of licorice and Twinkies.
The kids were wired when we got there and they left even worse. But it was fun. T was thrilled to have us there and I was lucky enough to take a picture or two to document it.
It was also good because it gave me a deadline to have the giant heart chocolate chip cookies done for the teachers. Two small batches made exactly 3 cookies. They were pretty thick. I hope they weren't too disgusting.
Speaking of yummy things, I was sorely tempted to break my 'diet' today. I had the hardest time. I don't know what was up. Grrr.... I stuck it out but didn't drink enough water. I'll pay the price for it tomorrow when I wake up to sausage fingers. I also realized today when I went to get a pair of black pants that I feel pretty great in that I gave them to the thrift store last weekend instead of the ones I found today in my closet which are two sizes too big. Go me!
M went on a date with her dad tonight. He picked her up from dance, took her to dinner, then headed to the movies. I was going to use my time to clean.
Instead, I told the kids to go down and pick a picture book. D had a problem with that. He couldn't stand being told to get a picture book without knowing why. T brought a seek and find book (oops, not what I asked for) and the little girls each willingly complied. T then brought up a beginning reader book. I don't know what he was thinking. They were all thrilled to sit down and have their books read. (Actually, T was wishing he had picked a different one.)
Then the little girls went to bed and D asked to go to bed as his meds had kicked in. T and I sat and did his seek and find book for a while and then we chatted.
And that is why I have nothing done. (Okay... and a little internet too.)
Lucky for me Saturday is chore day :) DH will be here to help with the kiddos and I will be able to get things done. Everyone has an extra incentive in that there is a birthday party for a cousin tomorrow and DH and I have ballet tickets (that means a babysitter is coming and I want the house clean). Why I no longer feel the need to impress my MIL but worry about a teen is beyond me.
And with that I will go and see how much I can get done in the two or three minutes before they get home from their date.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you going to Swan Lake? We went last night and I thought it was AMAZING!! I don't know if I liked it so much because I don't get out much or what, but I loved it. I hope you enjoy it, too.
Post a Comment