Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Really Boring Day

There is just not much to report.

I guess last week T got drawn to share a talent in music class. So this morning I headed off to the violin teacher's house to get new tapes on his new instrument. I had asked him if he just wanted to take his old violin but he wasn't thrilled with that.

S had breakdown after breakdown this morning. I tried reworking things so she could be successful but it just wasn't working for her today.

C was into that three year old "You're a mean mommy" thing today. The lucky little thing got a nap as a result. And I took the luxury of a 30 minute nap while she was in her room. I can't remember my last nap. It was heavenly and well needed. (And it's also the reason I am still up this late at night.)

The kids came home early from school and so the nap, I mean fun, had to end. It was just the normal afternoon with a preschool pickup, swim team, making dinner, and driving to dance.

I had planned on watching dance for a while but ended up shopping and found a great deal on a wool coat. I actually really needed it too. Mine is about a decade old and has a big ol' rip in it. It just never seems like enough of a priority to get a new one. And well, the old one was still successful at keeping me warm. That is what a coat's main job is after all. But the fact that one of the buttons is now connected to a hole (dang button caught on something and took the fabric with it) and that it's getting too big made me want another one. I really wanted a green wool coat. It's so last year but I don't really care. But the practical side of me triumphed and I got basic black. I'm thrilled with it though. The arms are even long enough. :)

I went out hunting for an invisible ink pen. So far I have had no luck. I am going to check Walmart tomorrow. I try not to go into that store much but I think it might be my only hope for finding a decoder pen.

Little kid info for today:

M woke up and wanted her hair curled. She was sick of winter as well and wore capris. I can't blame the kid.

T spent a chunk of time shooting hoops with kids outside. He said he was in the 'happy bowl' again at school today. (I don't really know what that is... I just know he didn't get a card pulled. It's good enough for me.)

D was thrilled to have sugar back again. I hope it lasts and he can be motivated by it. He struggled at home today with entertaining himself and not touching the other kids but he survived school. We'll take that as a good day.

S was thrilled to make banana bread at school today. She told her teachers she was bringing home some to share with the family but then ate most of it on the way home. She was the banana squisher.

C was a little stinker today. For the first time tonight she called from her room that she needed to get out of her bed and go to the bathroom. When I finally caved she came out and then proclaimed she didn't really need to go to the bathroom. She figured it out dang it.

On tap for tomorrow is cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. I took the carseats out to drive to dance and found enough crumbs to feed a town. I hope the weather holds up so I can take care of it.

4 comments:

Sheral Wilson said...

Hey, I think you can make your own secret decoder magic ink thing out of lemon juice on a q-tip. Then you use a blow dryer to heat it up and see what was written. I think... something like that - google it! I'm sure it will find what I'm rambling about!!!

Sheral Wilson said...

Found it!!
http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/invisibleink3.htm
I don't have any idea how I remembered that!!

Erika Amonett said...

Sheral is right! I saw it on National Treasure so it has to be true!

discombobulated said...

Thanks Sheral. I had looked it up earlier. I just can't risk having the blow dryer show him what is on the next calendar day.

Either these things aren't popular or they are so popular that NO ONE has the.