Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

I love a deal. Anyone that knows me well, knows I am all about deals. Last night I couldn't go to sleep I was so preoccupied with deals. The funny thing is that there weren't a lot of deals to be had this morning. Still, I couldn't rest.

I went out with a friend shopping at 5:30 this morning. We hit Sears where I was going to buy a new refrigerator. Ours is 14 years old and wasn't anything near a top of the line fridge in the first place. In fact, I think we got it at some grand opening for 300 bucks or something. It doesn't even have an ice maker.

Well, the thing has been dying for a while and is now leaking condensation all over. It does that and it keeps some food a little warm and freezes other food that is in the cooler section. It needs to go where old fridges find rest.

I was somewhat set on getting one that had french doors. There was a great deal on one. DH and I had talked about it and were certain that we wanted this one and NOT a side by side. And then I started thinking. I didn't have a water/ice dispenser. That is okay. But is it okay for little kids to pull out the bottom freezer with grime all over their hands. Do I want a hand that may have just picked a nose digging in my ice. NO! So I bought two coats, 4 blanket sleepers for the big ones, and a movie for 40 something dollars.

We ended up getting a fridge at another store. I called DH to see what he thought and he said I could have whatever I wanted and to get the french door one with the ice dispenser if it's what I liked. Do you know why he told me that? It's because he knew he would win. There's no way I would spend 2,400 dollars on a fridge but he could offer it knowing I wouldn't get it. I looked at dryers instead.

A new fridge is coming manana :)

Now onto the good news. My dryer dried some clothes faster. I moved it farther from the wall and boy did things speed up. It's just too dang bad that when they get really dry it starts making some horribly loud noise and gets super hot. They may be drying faster because they are about to start on fire.

So I'm glad I didn't get the expensive fridge because I think a new dryer is a must have.

But heck, it's drying faster now :)

No comments: