Sunday, November 4, 2007

Random early morning thoughts

The clocks did their fall back thing but the kids did not. T and C were up before 5 am and now D has joined the bunch. So much for getting extra sleep one day a year.

Last night I took M to the ballet. I don't thing DH was sad to give his ticket to M and watch the kids. It was actually a great and funny ballet. M kept laughing during the whole thing. That was cute. What was not so cute was the pair of ladies to my right doing what sounded like forced giggling. It was all at the right times though so I think it was sincere. I heard them mention they have season tickets too so that means we'll be seatmates for most of the year.

The birthdad emailed me last night and the birthmom called. I didn't answer. I did call the birthdad back and he just said he gets worried that when her moods change she'll do something crazy and try to get them back. She tends to have swinging moods and I would think grief would not make them any better. He said maybe a call to her with an apology for leaving town so quickly would do. I'm not so sure about this. I am not really looking for an ongoing relationship with her. I don't mind exchanging some emails. I'm just not wanting to be talking on the phone all the time. In reality, I don't have time to be chatting away forever anymore.

C stood for 30 straight seconds without holding onto anything yesterday. I think she is going to be walking before her first birthday.

L took a nap for 2 1/2 hours. I really think she has to become a napper. She is just too sleepy to not take one. Her birthdad was shocked she would sleep in a bed by herself. He said she never has and would never sleep without an adult. She has been doing great.

D worked on trying to learn to pedal the bike today. DH had the training wheels off but then decided to put them on since he hadn't learned to pedal yet. He went over to the neighbor's for just a bit today. I need to invite some kids over this week that will be in his school year. He seems a bunch younger than T and I think it will help them to have some different friends.

T did a great job at his wrestling match. I'm still not so sure I like that sport but it's only for a month more :) Those long limbs of his are really handy in that sport.

M played and played with her good friend K. They are such cute girls. I caught her sneaking candy to L once again. She's a turkey.

No comments: