Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rock in the Ear

Today I took the 3 youngest with me to the ped's office. I wanted to get D and L checked out so that there is a good baseline in their files. The hearing specialist at the preschool assessment told me that there was a large accumulation of wax in one ear that he couldn't get out.

The doctor couldn't get it out easily. They decided to put some drops in and then flush it out. Would you believe a rock came out? I'm not kidding. It wasn't a ball of wax the size of a rock. It was a playground rock. No wonder his ear was hurting him! The nurse told me that one time they had a kid in there with a bean in his ear. The bean had sprouted.

The appointment went pretty well. Nothing new came up. D has the anxiety issue over anticipation. He asked if he was going to have to have a shot and I told him I wasn't going to lie to him. He did have to have a shot. He gets the heaving type of crying with huge tears. I figure it's better to tell the truth and make sure he knows I am trustworthy. They also tested him for anemia. That probably hurt worse. They had to poke him and then collect the blood. L kept asking for a bloody finger too. What a turkey!

I worked in M's class today. What a collection of kids that teacher has to deal with! M was really happy to have me in there even though I never helped her.

We still have to drive to ballet today and have wrestling practice tonight. I think this is a little busier than I like to be.

No comments: