That's what I keep telling myself. I attempted mom of the year this morning. I got up pre 6am and made Belgian waffles for the family. Everyone (minus me as I was feeding the baby) sat down and had breakfast together. My kitchen was relatively clean. I was feeling like this was handleable.
Then came the good news. Apparently, last night, the kids made the toilet in their hall overflow and didn't want to share the news. So I was greeted with a soaked bathroom, soaked hall, soaked bottom of my knotty alder cabinets, soaked this and that. Oh and what had soaked it. That's right. Pee water. I used the little cleaner that I still have from a friends and scrubbed the hall all morning. I'll be bleaching the whole thing out before she gets it back. Then of course I had to scrub the bathroom floors. Somehow clothes that were in the boys room got wet too. I don't know if it's because the boys stepped on them with their icky feet or if it, yikes, made it through the wall. I just kept telling myself in off tune thoughts, "Oh happy day!"
We got toy bins put in the boys' room yesterday. We had a lot of tears over that because D doesn't like to do things as they have to be. He was sad he couldn't put clothes in the toy bins. He has his own dresser drawers for clothes. He also wants to stack things in front of the dresser and bins and that just can't be happening. There's a special spot for shoes in the closet, special places for clothes, special places for this and that. But we can't be stacking stuff in the middle of the room. I try to give him choices, "Do you want it in this bin or that one." so he'll feel some control. He just gets really frustrated over not getting his way every time he wants it. It makes me realize how much work we put into our kids over time to socialize them and get them to understand that rules are there for a reason and they often make us happy.
We went to T's wrestling match. I felt bad for the other little kid. T just kept taking him down so quickly. T's one of the youngest kids in the whole league but he is far from the smallest. Those long gangly limbs are well suited for wrestling. It's just too bad I'm not loving the sport. Hearing the coach call out, "T just keep hugging his head. Squeeze his head." just about sends me over the edge. I'm not sure we'll be doing this thing again. D was cute at the meet though. He saw the other kids (wrestlers) doing handstands sort of against the wall. He was by the wall and started doing it too. He wasn't really doing a handstand most of the time because his hands were way too far from the wall and so he was in more of a push up position. I couldn't believe how strong he was.
M is still doing well with things. I think it's good for her that she gets to go to school and have some sense of normalcy. She's really sweet with L.
L is funny every day. I had a neighbor comment today on her cute little smile. She smiles so much of the time. She's either smiling or growling.
And C, she fell and hit her face once again yesterday. This time she cut the inside of her lip open on the boys' dresser. Poor thing!
And as for the parents, we are tired. These colds just aren't going away. I told DH that it's a lot of work to make it through each day. I just keep looking to the future. It's always easier to see how things had to be when you are looking back. For now I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope I have a shred of sanity left when I am done. The fact that I made it to Target with 4 of them yesterday shows things are getting better.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment