Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Another oh happy day

I'm singing that Sound of Music song right now... the start from the very beginning, a very good place to start thing.

Today a friend called to say she was coming to visit. It was so much fun to see her. You would think we lived 5 hours apart instead of an hour and a half. (Okay, it probably didn't take her that long but would take me two hours as I am so dang slow.) Her kids have gotten so big. I think it made M's day to see her old friend. I couldn't have treated her to a nicer surprise. And for me it was fun too. You know you have a good friend when you can jump right back in after a long time and just feel so comfy.

And then I came home to try to pick up my house. It didn't happen. I was trying to get the kids dinner, nurse a baby, check dh's flight info, catch fighting, and slaying dragons. Okay, that last thing is a lie.

I had a meeting at my house for a church group. Wouldn't you know that after the first person came (a super easy going person thankfully) things all went downhill. I didn't have the place picked up like I had hoped and was apologizing for it. Then the fun really started.

S started crying. She threw up in her bed. ICK! That's one of my least favorite things to clean up. I grabbed her and sand 'We are a Happy Family' as I carried her to my shower. We got her all cleaned up and she giggled away. More people came. I stripped her bed and made a new one. She did it again. By this time I had more people in my house.

What do you do? I mean really, I normally would have cancelled the whole dang thing because who wants to come to some house where a two year old is throwing up and a 7 year old has gone a little crazy with the Lysol? But it's really hard to get a meeting scheduled. So we just did it. I am sure that some of the ladies there were thinking what in the heck is wrong with this person. I really want to leave. I know I would have thought that. Oh well. It's over. S hasn't thrown up again and I am hoping she wakes up feeling better tomorrow. I sent T to bed with a pan too because he sleeps on a top bunk and I worry that he won't be able to get down the ladder in time if he needs to.

Hopefully tomorrow will be throw up free. It sort of has to be. We have a neighbor kid coming over to be watched, have preschool, K, make up violin (for today because it was cancelled), and dance. There is just no time for throw up.

Positive note for today- T made it through his violin songs quite easily.

No comments: