One of the things I am trying to do this new year is read with T more frequently. He hasn't received nearly the amount of time he needs. So yesterday we were trying to get in some good quality reading time. (i.e. Hurry hurry it's almost bedtime... Get in here and read to me now.) I was really impressed because he was doing a great job with an old school reader (Dick and Jane). I think pride was getting the best of me and the fall had to come. We are reading along with him getting almost all of the words himself when he looks at the two pictures on the page and says, "That's Dick, right?" "Yes. That is Dick." "Then who's did?" There were a few questions in a row starting with did with a capital D. Obviously he was NOT reading for comprehension.
Today L went on the potty all day. She finally earned her potty prize (a Dora piano for her Dora House). She barely got it though because 20 minutes before bedtime I caught her in the act of getting ready to give up. Luckily the face gave it away and I hauled her off to the potty in time to get through the day.
I caught L sneaking M's Christmas candy today. I should have known that she was up to something because it was so quiet. I took the candy away, gave her a stern little talk, washed her hands and then sent her to her room to sit on her bed for time out. Usually she screams at the top of her lungs when she is in time out. So I went back there after about 2 minutes and learned why. She had stashed some candy behind the bed that I hadn't seen and she was at it again. I took her to the grocery store with some of her money so she could buy M some replacement candy. I thought it would make her sad that she couldn't use her money to buy a toy or something or even a treat but it didn't . Bad parenting on my part. But at least M got her stolen goods replaced.
The 3 oldest kids are all at a basketball game with DH tonight. The house is quiet. It's a wreck but a quiet wreck. So off I go to at least get the floor cleaned up and the dishes done.
Oh and on the topic of resolutions. I am really not doing the exercise thing. Maybe I'll walk down the stairs and look at the treadmill tonight. That would be better than what I have been doing.
Grateful moment: Nature pounded us with snow. Everything is beautiful and white again and all the gray icky snow is covered. I love fresh snow.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment