Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sad or Happy

A dear person passed away tonight. I never met him. I saw him from far away and via the television. Nevertheless, what he taught impacted my life forever. I just read of his death and immediately felt my eyes fill with tears. How happy he must be to be free of his aged body and reunited with his wife.

He was great because he didn't say to just go out and be perfect. Instead he challenged everyone to stand a little taller.

I will go to bed remembering his lessons. And tomorrow I am going to do a better job of living the way I need to.

Tomorrow I will make sure I remember to 'be'.

Be grateful.
Be smart.
Be clean.
Be true.
Be humble.
Be prayerful.

Tomorrow I am going to write a few notes of thanks to people that have touched my life and let them know what they do for my spirit. I am going to help my kids in the be smart category by getting out a few extra books so that we can read together. I am going to turn off my television immediately if I see things that don't add to the spirit that I want in my home. It's usually somewhat easy for me to be true to the major covenants that I have made. It isn't always easy to keep my word on simple things. So, tomorrow, when someone asks me to get a drink or something else when I am busy I will either do it or give a true time estimation of when I will instead of just saying 'in a minute.' I am going to try to be humble and remember the lessons I learned when I spent some time in prayer over how to deal with my life. And lastly, I am going to engage in a little extra prayer tomorrow. I'm sure I need more of it.

Tomorrow I am going to try to be a better person and in doing so will try to honor my 'friend.'

No comments: