Last night when I went to bed all I could think about bargain hunting. I knew that Kohl's was having an extra 50% off its already great clearance. I was up until almost midnight. I kept trying to figure out how I was going to get there by the time it opened at 8 am.
This morning I went out with 4 kids at 7:25 am. As we got close I thought I was going to miss the opening. One other bargain hunter might beat me! We got in there and I filled my cart. (You have to remember I was toting 4 small kids with me too.) By the end of my trip I had managed to score around 8-900 dollars (and that's the MSRP that I would never in a million years pay) for under 100 dollars including tax.
We went outside and I loaded the kids into the car. I made sure everyone was buckled and then went around the back of the car and got in. We drove off eager to get D's immunization. I was about 15 minutes into the drive to the doctor's office when I realized I didn't have my goods. I had left them sitting on the ground in the parking lot of Kohls. I got off the freeway and called a friend to get the number for the store. Thankfully, some nice and honest person turned my stuff in.
D was so excited to start school. His classroom is great. In fact, his school was recently remodeled and his class is nicer than T's. I am pretty sappy and I get emotional easily. I have cried at the first of just about everything. Today I got that little lump in my throat when I left him. I'm glad because I hope that means that inside I am starting to attach more to him. It seems just like a K class minus a bunch of extra tables. We took some pictures of him and he is so happy. I then worked in T's class which I left to go pick D up. After school I took him out for a little treat, just the two of us. We went back to pick of the kids from school and the day just continued to get crazier.
I'm still trying to figure out my little L. She is just such a tricky little thing. I just don't know what to do with her. Tonight she was the sticky note pad destroyer. It doesn't seem like such a big deal but it is because she already destroyed sticky notes. They are M's special ones. Tonight I asked her if she wants me to pull the legs off her Dora. She protested saying they were hers. I asked if she would be sad and she said yes. I told her that's how other people feel when stuff is ruined. She's on a roll lately. Between drawing on the new bunkbeds (which is bad but you know, what kid doesn't do that type of thing be it a wall or bed) and then drawing all over the new computer desk, purposely spilling an entire thing of detangler on the carpet, and a bunch of other things I am starting to feel like she needs to have it relate to her more. I didn't know what else to do but ask her how she would feel if we 'delegged' her Dora. She's a complex little creature my L (who keeps saying she wants to be called another name S). I think I need to get her into a therapist. A few of the things we are working with just seem like they are beyond me. I just don't want to mess her up because I don't know what I am doing.
And now I go onto the important things. I am wondering if Target toys are going to go to 75% off tomorrow. I just don't know how I can go with the 4 little ones to the madness. But I will miss it so much. I always buy almost all my Christmas gifts and all my birthday gifts at this time each year.
Oh well. We'll see.
And my little bit of gratitude... It had to be that feeling I had when I left D at school. It gives me hope.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Heather! I thought I'd check in and sneak a peak at how you are doing- You really are a neat person and I love your writing style! I almost feel as if I'm with you when I read your posts. I can't believe that person at Kohls turned all your stuff in... wow. I'm not sure I would have did that (or at least I would have sifted through to see what I wanted and left the other stuff in the bag-hehe!).
I think it sounds like you are doing a wonderful job parenting ALL of your children-- they all have such different wants and needs and even though you probably don't realize it, but you really seem to be balancing it all beautifully and successfully!
Hang in there-- chin up-- you're doing a fantastic job!
xoxo
Michele~en (from the Home Skillets board)
Thanks Michele- I have been popping in from time to time to check on the board. I just can't manage to stay up with it because it moves so fast!
Post a Comment