Monday, April 21, 2008

Too busy

So our weekend was less eventful than it should have been. Saturday morning DH and M did a 5k. M won a bike. The kids and I played in the park while they were running. I must be getting used to these races because I think this is the first time she has finished without me shedding a few tears.

I then sent the kids home with dh so I could run some errands that were near the race. They were just a bunch of miscellaneous things that are hard to do when you have to pack five kids in and out. And well, it's hard to pack my Costco goods in my car when all of the seats are taken.

S was a bit cranky after I got home and wouldn't take a nap. We told her if she didn't take a nap she would be staying home from a birthday party (an older cousin and a boy). She thought it was more important to scream and throw fits. So the girls all stayed home with DH while I took the boys up to their cousin's house.

Oh and I failed to mention another good reason for me taking the kids. M and her buddy busted a part on the car because M couldn't wait for help in getting her bike out of the vehicle. I hate to say it but I was so angry that she didn't obey. I just hate that I got so mad at her.

That night when we went to bed dh rememebered that we had forgotten to go to the ballet that night. We wasted our season tickets. We had talked about it the week before and I hadn't been able to figure out a way for us both to go. I just didn't have a babysitting option. I meant to invite a friend to go but I just got so busy that I forgot.

I guess it wasn't only M that learned a lesson that day.

No comments: