Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Regression?

Today has been a challenge with little miss S. I'm hoping it's a temporary regression. She just wouldn't obey. She ended up throwing a huge tantrum in D's therapist's office. (No, we didn't end up talking as planned. Instead I took her out to the waiting room.) I held her in the waiting room and she screamed, "You're hurting me!" I was just holding her and she was mad. Luckily, I knew that no one there would believe her because they are used to kids like that. Then she started trying to hit me and bite me. Oh so lovely!

She screamed all of the way home for a treat. A treat didn't appear. Imagine that. But what did happen was an early bedtime after being held a bunch at home. She was so tense I was worried what she would do to C. So we stayed as close as peanut butter and jelly.

Tonight I went out running in the freezing (felt that way with the windchill) weather and managed to run 55 minutes. That's my best in over 6 years. It was slow like normal but it felt great to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I almost put off my run until tomorrow morning but then I checked the weather. It says it will be SNOWING. What in the world? Isn't tomorrow May?

T had his first t-ball practice today. I hate to admit it but it was really cute. He has a good little arm but stood way to close to the T when batting. It's kind of funny that he struggled a bit with that because he can hit the ball if someone (not me) pitches it to him.

Positive Note- It would have to be that run. Oh how it feels good to move this tired body.

No comments: