Today we went to the children's museum for an adventure. I told myself I was going to try to make every day fun during spring break.
I have to admit, that when they started complaining in the car about how long it was taking I wanted to just flip my car around and head on home. After all, we were going to be missing naptime because of this adventure.
But it was worth it. Every single kid had fun. I realized M is really growing up. She's a little less into the hands on thing and more into helping watch the kids. And I was really glad she was into that because I really needed her eyes.
T discovered the gears. They became his new favorite thing. He wasn't interested, surprisingly, in the dress up things.
D liked the work station. That was T's favorite thing about a year ago so I am not shocked. Too bad I can't get them to do more work at home :)
S loved the little house with the pretend kitchen. She could have spent all day making fake sandwiches. I wasn't a bit surprised that she loved that spot.
And C, well, she loved the balls. There is a spot where you put the ball in and a bunch of air comes out. She would just smile away each time the air would blow her hair.
After the museum we went outside to the outdoor fountains and let the kids run around in them. They had a super time. It was the first day to be warm enough. The kids were more than thrilled to don their swimsuits today.
But perhaps the best thing today happened when we were in the museum. I had gathered all of the kids to go to the second floor. S was about 5 feet behind me but she couldn't see me. It was just a second and she started to cry. My neighbor reassured her that I was right there but she wanted ME. That is a super good sign. For one moment, she thought she needed me to be safe. That is HUGE!
The bummer today is that I think I am having a minor IT band problem. It's my own dang fault for running too far the other night. Not only did I run much more than I should have but I was running on uneven, downhill surfaces. Add my flat feet in and I am a recipe for disaster in the IT band category. I took tonight off and will stretch a bunch.
Positive Note- DH is taking tomorrow off. Well, he is taking a work call in the morning (dang technology) but will be with the family most of the day. It's my spring break!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment