I'm having a bit of a challenge keeping myself to healthy foods. A lot of people would say, "Oh all things in moderation!" The problem is that moderation of white flour and sugar turns me into a munching maniac. Heck even a banana and pineapple will do that. Too much sugar, from healthy sources or not so healthy ones makes me want to just crunch and munch.
So I have been reading marksdailyapple.com and actually feel like much of what he has to offer goes along with what works in my body. I'm not completely sold on the fitness part as it sounds too easy. I also really like running and am not ready to ditch that yet. But his diet, the primal diet really would work for me if I would just stick to it.
He has these 30 day primal challenges where he tries to get people to change their eating habits for just 30 days. This time there is a cow as an incentive. He always gives away a bunch of prizes I guess but this time the big prize is an entire cow. DH laughed when I told him I was going to try to win us a cow. What's even more funny is that I have NO idea how one wins the thing. I don't know if it's random or if you have to have the best results or whatever. But I am going to try to win it with a bunch of other people. I figure anyone who sticks to the 30 day challenge is a winner cow or not! (But secretly I really would love to win the cow ;) ) If you are at all interested go to his website and click on about, then primal blueprint 101. The section on 'the basics' gives you what you need to know. Or do what I did and check out the book from the library. Anyway... I have no idea how this challenge thing will work but come Sept. 7th I am going to start it. Until then, the idea is just to work on clean eating anyway so I don't feel like crud. I know for me that it wasn't until I started eating really cleanly that I realized how horrible I felt when eating a regular diet. So cross your fingers that I win that cow because maybe I'll have a barbecue :)
Other things that have gone on in the past few days........
My good friend and I started painting my house on Thursday. Let's be honest. I started this project over a year ago but go a little overwhelmed by the height of my ceilings. And what's horrible is that the blue tape just didn't bother me like it should have. But the time had come to finish the project. So Thursday we painted together and then Friday I did most of it myself with my friend coming over to brave the heights for a second coat.
My two SILs, their friends, 3 of my friends, and I all did a midnight 5K this past weekend. It was really fun. It had a KILLER hill though. I had been warned but I wasn't ready for the thing. It was so fun to get decked out in glow sticks and run though the streets with 600 other people at midnight.
The next day, however, wasn't so grand. Boy was I a tired and cranky mama. DH and M went to a bowling activity for church. Then, that afternoon, we went to a festival at a park and the kids had a bunch of fun. I told DH I was thrilled with how the day turned out. I didn't get much done around the house. But the kids had a lot of fun and it was easy cheap fun. That's the best kind!
Sunday was exciting because I got a new church job. I no longer have to lead the choir. I get to work with the nursery aged kids. I had several people say to me, "I can't believe they did that to you." I thought it was kind of funny because I was thinking that it was totally okay. Someone has to do it and I think it'll be fine. Plus, it requires almost no prep work :)
Right before church I herded all the kids out to the car and C wasn't there. DH went to find her and she was zonked out in her bed. I stayed home for an hour and let her sleep while he took the other kids. I ended up waking her up because I had to be there as a judge of the pretend singing contest the kids were having. She was super irritable. Then she came home and slept more and was running a low grade fever. The poor kid had been sick. But today she is fine.
It's going to be quite a week trying to catch up from my lazy weekend. I did manage to bottle a few quarts of tomatoes and of course I did some wash but there is work to be done.
But heck, most of my upstairs is now painted and well, who knows, I may be soon on my way to being the winner of a COW!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GO-FIGHT-WIN! I know you can win a cow! Can I come to your BBQ?
What are you going to name her? I wonder if she is one of those talking California cows 'cause I think those cows are the bomb! How fun would that be?!
Post a Comment