Saturday, April 26, 2008

One 5k down

I managed to finish without walking. It was slow. I mean r-e-a-l-l-y slow. The course was a little more up and down than I am used to. But I finished with a family cheering me on. So now I need to work on speed a bit. This plodding along slower than many walkers is just not going to do the trick forever. I'm hoping to go a little faster at the 5k next month.

Oh, I almost forgot. I won a pair of pearl earrings. Not bad for some slow old lady!

4 comments:

Sheral Wilson said...

Good job!! I'm so proud of you!!!
Boston Marathon... here you come!!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
discombobulated said...

Um Sheral, did I mention that a bunch of WALKERS beat me? Oh and M's time in her race last week was 1 min 20 sec faster than me too.

Thanks though. Get that surgery done and you can join me. A easy walk would keep up.

Sheral Wilson said...

Okay - you're on... I'll walk a 5K!