Saturday, June 26, 2010

30+ mile week

This morning had to be the s-l-o-w-e-s-t run I have had in a long time. I just didn't have it in my legs to go faster. There was no kick to my step. So I plodded and luckily, since the kiddos were gone, DH plodded with me for about the first 6 miles. I think he could have walked but decided to shuffle along at my 'running' pace. It was a beautiful morning to run. We left the house just after 5:15 and the sky was just starting to lighten a bit. And there was no wind! That was a huge blessing because the wind might have just encouraged me to walk today. After about 10 miles I realized that just maybe my legs felt so tired because I had already done a long run that week and was at about 30 miles which for me is a lot. I also put in two sets of hills today which might have been a mistake. I was thrilled when the Garmin clicked off the last mile and started walking immediately. It took me a whoppin' 2 1/2 hours. That's a lot of running/shuffling/plodding.

DH did beat me home even with his 3 extra miles.

I came home, stretched just a bit, and made breakfast. Then I took a shower and went to sleep. I was too wiped out to even eat my breakfast. I just wanted to be clean and go back to bed. And then I slept for 3 hours while the little kiddies were most likely making plenty of noise 50 miles away.

Now we have to figure out what to do with the rest of our day. DH asked me what we were thinking when we bought this house and only had one child. It's too big of a house for 3 people.

So that's where our little 'vacation' has taken us. We did end up at a smaller Five Guys last night. It makes me wonder why so many establishments are always trying to come up with some new idea. Earlier this week I saw a hamburger that had two grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun. YUCK! Five Guys has a limited but yummy menu and stays plenty busy. It's the best bunless hamburger around.

Then we went to IKEA and wandered. IKEA isn't a great place for littles. There are too many breakables. I love their kiddie land but C can't go there because she just won't decide she's done with the pull ups. So I don't go there. We bought spoons. Oh so exciting! I'm hoping these are small enough that the kids won't be able to shovel so much into their mouths at once.

And as for the rest of today... we might go to the movies. We have done ZERO cleaning. I forgot I would be wiped out. I told DH I could really go back to sleep again.

It has turned out okay to have a break from the kids but to not go anywhere. I would hate to be in some fun city and be too tired to enjoy it from a long run. And it's nice to be able to rest without people fighting or needing things. Maybe MIL knew what she was doing after all.

1 comment:

Erika Amonett said...

How fabulous! I am stoked you got a little alone time with your pillow -and- your hubby. Throw in some new silverware and holidays don't get much better than that!