I'm thinking I may just have to move my bedtime. I swear I just am not ready to zonk out at 10 pm. The good news about that is that I can try to go to sleep and then get up and blog a bit.
Today was a super productive day for me. I got a run in, took T to swim where I watched him fly. Actually (I got there to late to see his fly but I saw him zoom in the free). When he's not messing around he's pretty fast.
Then I got to work on my linen closets. I'll be honest, for the past umteen months I have just been trying to shut my eyes when it came to looking at them. I would do the quickly grab a towel and get away from them. The kids have this habit of pulling out the bottom towel or blanket and then all of the others go tumbling down.
But today that all changed.
It took forever but I have now gone through everything except the top shelf of one of the linen closets. (I just can't figure out where I need to put the stuff there yet so why bother.) They look so nice. I was so excited for DH to come home and see them. I also managed to do a ton of laundry and most of it is done, folded and put away. And for the piece de resistance... I folded socks. I hate folding socks. I loathe folding socks. It's one of the reasons I have the wear sandals rule in the summer. It's not because I really care about sandals so much. I just HATE matching socks.
I pulled out the socks that were too little or had holes and tomorrow is going to be a family fun day of scrubbing baseboards with them.
S managed to pull out of two giant screamy fits and D survived a bout of cycling (not the bike kind). T went and ran 3 miles with DH. I was surprised because they managed in I believe 32 minutes. That's slow for DH but fast for little 7 year old T and well, faster than me! (Not that I am saying it takes much to be faster than me.) The poor kid came home bright red and so sweaty.
C was a major pill today. She got into the dog food and got it all over the garage. DH told her she had to clean it up before she could have dinner. She chose to not eat dinner. Three year olds can be so stubborn. What DH didn't know is that she sneaked a bunch of stuff in the late afternoon and pretty much already had an early 'dinner'.
M finished the second book from the trip to the library yesterday. (And for anyone who is worrying about my library fines... I didn't check out the book. She and a friend did it on her friend's card.) So today she took the books over to said friend's house.
I should have gone running again. I only ran 27 minutes this morning. I realized that I didn't have my knee braces on so I went back to T's swim practice. Then I came home and realized that I was supposed to have a longer run today anyway. I never got around to it. I think I have to do five tomorrow now. Bummer!
Oh and how could I have forgotten the trip to the school's lost and found. T and I went in search of both boys' thermoses. (Is that a word?) In the bottom of the fifth giant bag we found them. Hooray! T reminded me that we just saved 32 dollars by getting them back. (He was the one who managed to leave them both... not D. That's not his style.) We also found two other thermoses and T decided to put them on top of the bag since they are so expensive that other kids might come and look for them. I thought that was pretty dang funny. I was glad that he saw the value of them though. (Of course I didn't tell him I waited and bought them 75% off at Target ;) ) I really want my kids to realize that money doesn't grow on trees.
So that was about it. I told DH that even with the bumps in the road I found today to be easier than last year. I love how looking back helps me to see that things are getting better.
For me, that's what blogging is for ;)
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment