Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Random Wednesday

So I think I'll just get random stuff down today.

I have to start with what is so dang funny to me. I bought this shirt for S at a consignment store. It was from Gap, had stripes, and was in great shape (or so I thought). I'm not anti buying used stuff for kids. Maybe mine are the only grimy ones in the world but heck, after one wearing the clothes look used and I'm not so super with a stain stick. I miss things all the time. For a while I just made my kids wear prints.

Anyway, S has worn the shirt once before. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Then yesterday I noticed something so strange. Someone had monogrammed the pocket with a rhinestone T (or maybe it was a J). What the heck? I bought a shirt with some other kids initial. So I asked S to come over and I kind of tried to pick off the rhinestone. She wasn't thrilled. "What are you doing mom?" I replied, "Oh, I am just seeing if these are sticky." She told me she loved the sparkles and didn't want them off.

I'll just keep letting her wear it. I obviously didn't check that shirt very well and just trusted it was in good shape or I would have seen the almost 2 inch sparkly letter.

And doesn't it figure, she didn't even spill on it so I could throw it away.

In other news, I had a sassy little 3 year old yesterday. She had a mind of her own for both bad and good. When I asked her to put her clothes away before eating lunch I got a very valley girlish 'whatever!'. Luckily for her she conformed. I'd hate to have to starve the scrawny little thing (said jokingly because she is far from scrawny.) Earlier in the day she informed me she was wearing underwear. Whatever! I've heard this before. (I wonder where she got the whatever from.) When we went to take T to the pediatrician's office for his 10 month late yearly exam I asked her to put on a pull up. She started crying and said, "I am stupid in pullups." So she wore underwear and actually went to the bathroom there. Way to show me kiddo!

What else? I am secretly hoping S makes it through today. She will get her sugar back and will be victorious. I'm not saying to much about it though because I don't want to jinx her. But I am feeling hopeful that she will do it.

I did my sub 11:00 minute mile today in the wind to boot. Now I have to work my other miles down so they are faster.

We had a tricky morning with D. He got a little worked up (okay a lot) over his practicing. But we made it though and eventually he figured out that screaming wasn't going to cut it. He's back to normal and playing downstairs.

I have my friend's kids over this morning as well as her sister's 4 kids. I don't know how people with a gazillion kids do it. Right now I have 10 kids I am watching who are 7 and under. I forgot how little babies are tricky. My house is so not baby proof. C came and sat by me while I fed him a little of his bottle. She was mesmerized.

And I guess with 10 kids in my house I should stop blogging and get to work!