Apparently witchy equals how I do my makeup to S. I guess she's trying to clue me in on the fact that I need some lessons in makeup application.
On a side note... I have to get on my game. I've let our schedule slack a bit and it's starting to show in behavior and attitudes. They were doing their chores and other tasks fine until I let them get away with not doing them. Now we are paying the price.
I told the violin teacher today at M's lesson that while she has five hours of dance a day I just can't make her get up and practice for an hour. I told her to prioritize what she wants practiced and after 45 minutes I am saying she's off the hook.
She took it okay but said that M will have more than an hour a day for the month of July to make up for it. Oh well! At least she'll have the time without dance.
What else? I made it ten miles yesterday. They were super slow and many of them were around my block so I could keep tabs on the kids while M watched them. It's not the ideal way to go but it worked and I finished. My vibrams are still holding out for me. If the course isn't too gravely I think I will be able to wear them.
Yesterday was a hard day with the kiddos and it continued into today. They were all being resistant, even the big one. But alas, what can you do? At the moment the four youngest are banned from the couches. They decided to jump from couch to couch yesterday in the basement. Um... do you not have a trampoline that screams jump on me in the backyard? S got hurt an owie trying to jump from place to place. It was hard to feel bad. Then today when she jumped off a table in the basement and got hurt it was even harder to feel bad. Did you not learn your lesson little one?
MIL is giving us our birthday gift and offered to taking the kids for the weekend. I was supposed to usher an event at a fine arts center but luckily I found someone to do my job. We are sort of out of time to plan something fabulous and well, I already spent our entertainment dinero but it will be nice for both of us to be able to get out on Saturday morning and do a long run without having to worry about the kids or running late in the sun. Plus, the kids will have fun as they will have cousins at their Grannie's house. Maybe we can get M's bed taken apart and move half of it into C's room that weekend. C never sleeps in her crib anyway. We might as well get rid of that thing. (We LOVE getting rid of baby stuff.) It's going to be one exciting weekend in discombobulated's house.
We went and visited our neighbor's chicks today. I was kind of grouchy and there is nothing that says be cheery like a bunch of cute baby chicks. T came in and showed me Rico, 'the fat one' who he adores. My friend's girls were more than happy to divulge which chicks had accidents when being held. There is one with a bald neck nicknamed Baldilina. The poor thing. We'll watch the baby chicks grow for a week and then they are going on to their new home where hopefully they will live in peace without toddlers leaving the door open when bird hunting dogs are around.
The chicks helped me go from grouchy to blah and that is some improvement ;)
I worked in the violin room. It was a wreck and now looks better. I do, however, have to figure out what to do with all of our music which means I am going to have to clean out our larger hall closet so I have a place for it. Maybe I should have just left the violin room a wreck.
Oh and I should probably report something exciting. One of our two tomatoes is now bigger than a golf ball. Now if that doesn't scream excitement I don't know what does. Working in the garden is on the list of things to do this week.
And that's it for now. DH should be home in the next hour and a half. The kids have a slackin' mama who is going to make them hot dogs for dinner. Before you cringe let me say that these are the best ones I could scrounge up. Heck, I could have gotten 5 packs of the mystery ones. There is no corn syrup in these puppies. So they had better like them. DH might not be thrilled with the fancy chicken somethingrather ones that I got him but it's harder to find things that are missing dairy, refined sugars, corn, wheat, etc. If he hates them then so be it. Luckily, usually hunger wins out for him and he'll eat most anything. He likes good food but well, he's not that picky if he's starving.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those hot dogs sound darn good. Did everyone like them?
Do you remember Al?
Post a Comment