Many more of these will come from this title challenged blogger.
I'm having a hard time remembering 3 days back. This is why I have to blog frequently. I lose it too dang quickly.
Let's see... I remember D trying his newer dance class on Thursday. At first I didn't want him to be moved to the next lower level. It botches my carpool. Plus, his other class was for 2 hours twice a week and this one is for an hour once a week. I went and rented a redbox movie, parked right in front of the door and then watched D's class while turning around every minute or two to make sure everything was okay with the kiddos. They were thrilled to be in the car watching The Tooth Fairy. This class was much more at a level D can do without getting frustrated. I was surprised because his teacher only demonstrated the barre combinations one time and then the kids had to jump right in. He seemed happy in his class and although I lose my carpool, I have to agree that it should work out better for everyone.
Friday morning I did my 9 miler. I was too lazy and well, scared to leave when I had planned. I just don't like running out in the dark by myself. Something isn't so right about that. And remember, there could be wild animals out there too! So I went out and ran just under 2.5 before meeting up with my friends, then ran 3.something including a nice hill, and then I finished it off to make 9.02 miles. Don't forget the .02! Around mile 7 my legs started getting tired though. I was shocked because last week my legs were fine although I did every stinkin' mile last week more slowly. By the time I got home my legs were sore enough that I almost had to pick them up individually to go up the stairs to my house. The good news is that they recovered fast and aren't even sore. I don't know what was up. This week I have to up that long one to ten miles. I'm still amazed that this old and not so well taken care of body can pull this off.
We drove to T's swim meet and got him settled. I was reminded quickly why we generally don't take the kids to meets. It's a big fat pain in the keester. But it was good to support him at this meet. He swam 5 events over the course of two days. He ended up with a silver in the backstroke. I think he was a little disappointed he didn't medal in his 50 free where he took 4th but for some reason he swam it almost 4 seconds slower than his last meet. If he had gone that fast he would have medaled. But the biggest news was that he didn't get disqualified in the breaststroke (breathstroke to him). DH told him Friday that if he didn't get dq'd, we would all go out to ice cream. The pressure was on the poor kid. Even C kept telling him, "Don't get disqualified." So he was in last place and DH said he saw the refs arm go up. We just figured he had gotten dq'd and the whole family was bummed. Then today, after the meet ended I was looking at the results and two kids around him go dq'd. It was the first time he has made it across the pool swimming the stroke correctly and it was a 50m. I was so proud of him. Then today on butterfly it was a bummer because he has always gotten disqualified on that one too. So before he started I was giving him the little reminders and I quickly reminded him which stroke he was swimming. He gave me the 'oh mom, come on' look. Then he dove in the pool and did two strokes of freestyle. DQ! What the heck? It was his best butterfly too. I think he still might have been disqualified because one time his arm didn't look symmetrical to me but you never know what they will catch or not catch. But starting off in the wrong stroke will never go over.
After the meet we went and got ice cream as a family. It was great ice cream too. And as a result of that, muffins for breakfast, and a sandwich with a roll, I will be a puffer fish for a few days. Oh and the baked potato the night before won't help either. Back on the plan I go. I just can't eat that way.
We drove home today and I slept. I should have driven and let DH sleep. He got up early and ran 12 miles today and was a little tired but was kind and drove. We got home and DH offered T and hour of Poptropica time if he pulled this kid sized weed that has been growing in our yard. It had HUGE thorns. It took T a long time but he did it. He ended up hacking it down with the tree trimmer first. Then he dug the root out. I went out to get a picture and he said, "You're going down weed." He came in victorious some time later with his arms up in the traditional Wheeties pose.
What about the rest of the kids?
M was really helpful on our little mini vacation. She whisper to me this morning that she was going to have a bunch of services today. She really was helpful. She came home and just wanted to Ripstik. She was bickering but was fine with the consequence.
D had fun on our trip. He really wanted to spend his time in the hot tub. I kept making him get out so he wouldn't get too hot. He's been in a funky mood and ended up playing on a separate floor from the other kidlings tonight. DH and I are sort of done with listening to arguing and bickering. If you can't play nicely then don't play with other kid. He couldn't stop pressing the issue with DH and me. M usually takes her consequence and just deals with it but D just keeps asking over and over for whatever privilege that is taken away. Tomorrow will probably be better. It'll be good for him to get a fresh start with some good sleep under his belt.
S wasn't too thrilled on our trip because of some more recent sugar losing behaviors. But she had lots of fun in the pool and loved her new navy with white polka dot shorts. She was happy with the chips that replaced her ice cream. (See, I really am not that evil!) She came home and played pretty nicely. Of course it worked out that way because she and D usually flip flop back and forth.
C was a stinker once again. We had the three girls sharing a bed sleeping sideways and C was such a turkey. She just kept trying to hog the entire thing. She is into thinking she can get her way by throwing fits. Luckily she also gets out of those fits. This morning at breakfast she was stuffed and declared she couldn't be done because she hadn't had a bagel yet. Sorry kiddo!
At dinner tonight S says to us, "I have a joke. What does M-O-M spell?" C chimed right in and said, "Dad's girlfriend." I was cracking up. The spelling thing drives me batty lately. D is constantly asking S and C what things spell knowing they can't spell and now the two younger ones for the most part make up words. We usually do made up answers too like this: "What does AGSYU spell?" We reply, "You want to go to bed early tonight." But it was funny to have one work out in such a funny way.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment