It turned out to be an awesome weekend. Who would have ever thought that all we really needed was a lot of sleep. Lately I have had a hard time sleeping and often find myself wide awake at midnight or later and then wide awake at five. I still woke up early but then decided there was no reason to stay up.
The car ride to pick up the kiddos was so pleasant. DH and I were able to just chat away.
You can imagine the car ride back.
"Mom, open the suitcase I made pictures for you."
"Mom, I played the wii for an hour today."
"Mom, so and so did such and such a thing."
Mom... mom.... mom...........
Awww............. I guess I am needed.
The kids got a huge compliment in that they had ZERO problems at church. Grannie let them each take something to hold and they loved that. I bet they were in heaven since we don't let them take anything to church. They went to Grannie's school and played in the gym and halls. She braved a store with all of them but T who preferred to stay home with his Papa.
C didn't decide to potty train herself.
I feel like I am back to being able to handle them. A break every once in a blue moon is a good thing. The funny thing is that I thought DH and I would get so much done. But without the kids home we were less than motivated. We did get C's crib taken down. No tears were shed. I'm so over the baby stuff. Let's get it out. The bunks in M's room were taken apart and separated and now each has a bed.
C is still sleeping in M's room tonight. She liked her big girl bed but not enough to actually sleep in it. I guess she needed its twin in M's room.
I'm actually excited for tomorrow to come. After being the tired mama for weeks I can be the well rested mama.
Now how awesome is that?
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment