Boy did I realize how water dependent I am. Yesterday as I was typing that post in the morning, C was getting into a new bottle of Ranch dressing that was opened during breakfast. Do you know how lovely your house smells when you have a ranch covered kid, a ranch covered table, and a ranch covered floor. EWWW! I did my best to clean her up but for some reason I had no water pressure either. Thank heavens for the plumbing man that saved the day for almost 900 dollars. It's not often you are so grateful to fork over a chunk of change like that. But I was loving him for it.
Last night I had a horrible run. The lesson learned is don't eat ground beef before trying to run and then go far from home. It doesn't work out well and you end up walking home with your head down.
I filled up my vehicle today. It was a huge chunk of change. Topher wondered why we were walking to school. Heck, I'm not paying to drive him to school. We are going to be walking everywhere we can. Maybe this oil thing will be good for my behind.
Today I am driving to ballet. My friend is really sick and I don't want to have M get sick before the wedding on Saturday, nor do I want my friend to have to go out. So I called the other mom and I am going to leave early and try to piggyback the trip with one to Costco. Now I am realizing that I don't actually have enough room to get the food home if I have every seat filled with kiddos. Hmmm... maybe I can go to Costco and then put the stuff in the two seats the girls occupy and then drop the food off to dh's work and put it in his car. UGH! What a pain. But I need to make it there.
What else? The boys had a good swimming lesson this morning. We had the talk on the way there about how T shouldn't be a wild boy in the pool and how that endangers other kids. Then, of course, I talked with D about how he can't constantly try to get his teachers attention. He agreed she needed to pay close attention to the kid she is working with or it's dangerous.
The talk didn't work. The lesson was a look at me lesson for certain. We'll try again. Maybe tonight, after reading 'You Are Special' we'll compare the stars to seeking attention at swimming. He does really love swimming though and it's nice to see he isn't terrified anymore.
The girls are fine. Last night M and DH were instant messaging each other while I was running. I came home and read the exchange and just laughed and laughed. Not only is M a good speller (which is NOT a sign of smarts) but she is pretty witty.
And lastly, we heard feet running in the hall this morning at 5:30. It was T sneaking Little Debbie treats. We don't usually buy treats much anymore because it really isn't great for the kids and that's all they ever want. But for family home evening DH picked them up. Yes, at 5:30 am, two little boys were sitting in the closet sneaking treats. DH and I just laughed and laughed. How dang funny is that. DH admitted that he probably would have done that at their age too. They didn't get breakfast though. In reality, they didn't really need it. They probably both ate about a thousand calories of snacks. I'm surprised they weren't sick. It's a funny memory. I'm just not letting them know it was funny.
Positive Note-It's GORGEOUS today and it didn't freeze my tomatoes last night. How lucky am I!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment