Thursday, May 29, 2008

School is Out

Now the fun can begin. I say that as I had 4 kids complaining about having to clean their rooms. C may have been complaining too. But since most of her words all sound like mumbo jumbo I didn't know it.

M had two parties she was invited to tonight. When did life become so exciting for an eight year old?

I drove to ballet today and the girls were doing some little funky song/rhythm thing with their hands and they would ask a question. M asked me what my favorite thing to do was in the 'olden times'. WHAT? I'm not that old. I had to ask for clarification. What are olden times exactly?

C say my for the first time today. She pointed to the stairs and said, "My dad." Awwww......

D managed to control himself a bit today when he started getting worked up because the seat belt wouldn't buckle the first time. Usually it turns into a huge ordeal. Today, when I told him to not give up, he only pouted for a few seconds and then kept trying. And to no one's surprise, he did it. I'm hoping something as little as that gives him the courage to keep trying when he wants to give up.

S had a hard day. Tonight when she went to bed she said, "I'm going to try to choose the right tomorrow." I hope she does. She was testing the waters though. We did have fun at the piano. I would play songs and we sang together. Granted, it wasn't lovely because I am self taught at the piano. Luckily, she doesn't know the difference. She loves to sing songs as I play and I have found that it is an activity I really enjoy with her. We are trying to do it everyday.

DH stayed home because it was M's last day. He tried to walk her to school but she only wanted to be walked as far as a friend's house. She's getting too old. He did pick her up though. It's a bit of a tradition. We had to harass her a bit that she only got one E+ and everything else was just plain excellent. She really is a good girl. She has her quirks (like she's unorganized I wonder where in the world she could have gotten that from) but she really is a good kid.

Tomorrow is our easiest weekday this summer I believe. We only have a swim lesson for M. The rest of the day is free. A couple of my plants in the garden have died and I might go buy a few replacements.

Oh, and I had a horrible feeling run today. I think it was because I did it without eating or drinking anything. It just didn't feel great. But I got home and I finally got my miles under the 13 minute mark. I told you I was slow. So they felt awful but I was faster.

Oh and my other good news was that I got on that scale of mine and I have almost lost 20 pounds now. I have one more pound to go. Now, that being said, I will probably gain 7 pounds tomorrow due to the potato chips I just ate. Oh well, I'll take it and not get on the scale for a week.

Positive Note- It's beautiful outside and the tree outside our house is covered in flowers. It's a beautiful sight.

No comments: