Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I won't go into some long thing about how I dislike this holiday. This year, I got a fabulous gift. I mentioned to DH in the afternoon that I was tired and he said to go and take a nap. I slept for almost 3 full hours. Now that is a great gift!

On a sad note, part of our basement flooded. It seems that one of our two water heaters isn't functioning correctly. I told DH that we were lucky it happened before carpet and drywall. He asked why it had to happen at all. So today I am going to try to get a plumber here. Right now we have limited water pressure, nothing hot, piling up laundry and a sink full (okay both sinks full) of dishes. I may have to heat some water on the stove and get those puppies washed.

So to finish off Mother's Day, I read the kids 'You Are Special' by Max Lucado. I think for a little while I am going to try to read it every day. I'm hoping it will help D see that he doesn't need every action recognized to make it important and that he doesn't have to try to make others look bad to make himself look better. I figure it's worth a try and it never hurts to read an extra book or two.

I feel bad that I didn't post something to the kids' birthmom yesterday. I thought about what I could say all day long (okay, maybe not when the flood happened). I think I may be getting on there today to quickly send her belated Mother's Day wishes.

It's raining today but the boys can't stand letting the roller blades just sit. They are in the garage practicing. We'll be staying home hoping to get the plumbing done. Oh boy do I hope it works. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be really lucky and the rain will stop later today and I will have a great run tonight.

Oh, and I got a new church job. I'm mortified. More news on that next week.

Positive Note- I don't have to water my garden today.

No comments: