Thursday, May 15, 2008

T-ball

I may have mentioned before that we aren't really team sports people. But with boys, we have to get over it, at least until we can get them into non-team sports.

Last night was tball practice. It was HILARIOUS. I'm sure it's the same for every single team and no shocker to people who have done the tball thing before. All of the kids are put into a position. T was put in as pitcher (you know, a VERY important roll when you are batting off a T). So, some kid hits the ball (or the t hard enough, it goes both ways) and all of the kids run after the ball. It doesn't matter that the ball is over by first base. Even third base is running for it. Then the batter just keeps running the bases and the kids throw the ball at the other bases, always after the kid has gotten there. Sometimes it doesn't even matter if there is a kid to catch the ball, they still throw it. Then there are the boys that are putting their mitts on each other's heads. Some boys are running and bouncing off each other. I guess girls talk in the outfield and the boys goof around.

Last night I had D laughing. I was showing him (not when he was being cranky) how many different types of fits I can throw. They thought the fits were funny. I asked if I looked ridiculous and they agreed I did. (I don't know if either of them knows what that means though.)

Positive Note- S got up at 5:30 this morning. Maybe she'll fall asleep during quiet time for a little rest.

No comments: