I did it. I put a real picture on Facebook.
I had a goofy sunset on there just because shadow man was bothering people.
So when I had a picture that didn't have twelve chins or a giant blemish on my forehead I decided to go for it.
I was worried for quite some time that somehow it would make it easier for bioparents to be overly involved in our day to day life. But somehow I don't think the picture will make a difference.
I'm generally not really into pictures. Occasionally I let myself be in one just so my kids will remember what I looked like if there is some unfortunate accident. You know how it is. It's always, I'll be in the pictures in x number of pounds or when my hair is like this or that.
How I wish I had thought that about 20 years ago ;) I didn't like pictures then either.
In other news.........
I got a little high and mighty on my run this morning (and no I don't mean high like druggy high or runners' high). I was 'cruising' along for most of my first mile at around a 10:45 pace. (Chuckle if you wish... that's BLAZING fast for me.) It felt pretty good too and like I could have gone faster if I really wanted to push myself. So in my mind I had this whole I am going to finally do a sub 11 minute mile. I was certain of it. So I didn't push myself because what is better than a sub 11 minute mile than a sub minute mile when you can tell yourself that it wasn't even your best. So I didn't push it and when my watch beeped the time for that mile it was at EXACTLY 11 minutes. Had I actually pushed myself I would have hit my goal but because I was a lazy bugger I got as close as I could be without actually doing what I wanted to do. Serves me right. So now you can imagine my goal for tomorrow :) Then I just finished my run up nice and easy because I was bummed. The good news is that I got my butt out of bed even when I had to run solo.
So yesterday was crazy. I was trying to help someone I know get an interview at my MIL's school. She may or may not be a fit for the job but in this economy an interview is an interview. It just turned out to be crazy crazy trying to coordinate things. Then we finally realized why it wasn't working. She had no screening interview and no where on MIL's district's website did it say you even needed one. (I'm sure somewhere hidden there is something about it but it wasn't on the page showing you what you needed to do to apply for a job.) MIL had a great attitude about it though and I hope it still works out.
Last night I went to Kmart of all places for the gazillionth time trying to get a bike tube. This has been an ongoing thing. That store is almost always empty it seems and I am surprised that they don't know me as the bike lady. (Oh and did I mention I really don't ride bikes. I'm sorry but even the big ol' granny seat that is about as big as my behind doesn't keep my sit bones from hurting and my legs from going numb.) First I bought DH the wrong sized tires. Then I didn't buy enough. Then the one inner tube was jacked up. I'm hoping this is the end of the biking saga.
What else? I think we are halfway through June :) I've survived this long.
I have to mention that yesterday we had a day with no craziness from S. She got a little grouchy here and there but she didn't have any of the out of control freakouts. I was thrilled. I'm hoping it's not a fluke but a change of the tides.
Oh and in other big news it looks like we are going camping. Now I may have mentioned before my camping aversion. Generally I see camping as more work than it is worth. When DH mentioned it I had to slowly raise my eyebrows in that are you kidding me. But when he told me who had invited us I figured it might be fun. Our tent isn't big enough for our family. I haven't wanted to get another that is big enough because I haven't wanted to ever use one. So we are borrowing another friend's tent that is so huge it appears to be for at least 18 people. (In reality, I think it's for 10 people.) There will be sandy beaches and lots of water fun for the kids. So maybe this will be a good intro to camping for me. We have yet to tell the kiddos. They will just bug and bug us about it until we don't want to be in any confined tent with them. It'll be easier to just take them and surprise them.
I guess that's about it for life until now. C is in the kitchen spreading mustard all over the plate that held her eggs. I am pretending I don't know about it. What harm is mustard?
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your new FB pic! It is so good to finally "see" who I am talking to!
Camping...have I told you lately what a good and brave woman I think you are? :)
Post a Comment