I just hate giving titles to these things. I know I have said it before but it deserves repeating.
There was nothing too fabulous to report today. I woke up at 4 something anticipating my run and went back to sleep. I woke up again around 5 and tried to go to sleep. I finally just got myself out of bed. I actually ventured out in running clothes today. No, I didn't do little shorty shorts. That's just too frightening. But I wore a longer running skirt with compression shorts. And you know what, I loved it. I felt so much faster without hot ol' pants on. (And not hot in a good way!) I'm loving that my runs are starting to feel easier. I probably should work harder during them and I might once a week but really, I would rather just enjoy it. Plus I have people with whom I can run. Yippee! They go a great pace for a regular training run and make good company too. I'm thrilled. Running by myself is going to stink ;)
My plan for manana is to do a shorter run and then get up early on Friday and so my 9 miler. I figure I'll split it and try to do around 5 miles before meeting up with my friends, 3 miles with them and then a mile after. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. I am going to have to figure out my fueling options because that run will take me a while. I'm out of my dehydrated pears that worked so well last time.
I took the 4 younger kids to breakfast. It was almost embarrassing. I mean, I know the boys are hungry but heck, I swear they kept asking for more just because it was so good. I ate a third of my potatoes (I know, poison to my system... they are my weakness.) and half of my omelet. The rest, plus the English muffins went to the kids. Then each kid had pancakes and eggs as well as anyone else's pancakes who would finish. Oh and they also had a piece of bacon. I know they are growing or whatever but come on kids. Next time I'll save myself the money and make them breakfast at home and hire a babysitter. When your food is gone you are done.
Then we went and watched the season finale of Glee at my friend's house. It had some great singing in it. I still go back and forth on whether I should watch the show when I wouldn't let M watch it. Obviously I haven't come to my final conclusion yet.
I picked up from ballet today and took the kids to the health food store where I found a sports drink that has no added sugars or HFCS. I was thrilled. I bought two for DH to try. Even better they were on sale. Too bad I picked the flavors he would like least. Oops.
We came home, made lunch (very late because they were so dang stuffed from breakfast), and I went to get the oil changed on my SUV. If they only knew that having them vac out my car makes me want to have my oil changed every month they would do it for everyone. I was thrilled. Goodbye crapola that people keep dropping!
The kids played, had dinner, and went to bed. We had some crazy fits today. One was over the toilet paper on the roll. UGH! But he got over it and so that is good. I'm to the point where if it's going to cause a cyclone of emotions I just want to ditch out and regain sanity. I figure we can revisit things later. That's what we did with violin this morning. When he started freaking out over things I told him to just put the instrument away and we'd try again later.
I'm ready for bed. This waking up early to run thing is getting the best of me. But I am finding my groove in it so I can't complain. It's just so much cooler to run in the morning verses the evenings. Plus you don't have to deal with food in your stomach.
And that's it! It was uneventful for the most part. We had much of the same ol' same ol' today. I screamed once and I can't remember what it was about. Grrr... I hate losing it. The kids were happy. The kids were bored. The kids wanted me to entertain them. The kids wanted me to stay out of their business. It was just a regular summer day.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey guess what? I yelled at my kids yesterday, too! I actually told them to shut up which is pretty rare. Megan's growling and Amelie's whining finally got to me (and we were in the car). I am hoping that running gets a little easier for me.
Post a Comment