Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Coveting is Not a Good Thing

But dang it, I want these new Vibrams. I was looking at the website and they just came out with a new one. So now I have to figure out why I need the Bikila at 100 buckaroos when I have the Classics. Now the Classics to rub on my Achilles now and then but it's nothing that a little moleskin won't fix. Mine are so 'old school' now!

Oh but these look so dang snazzy (well, as snazzy as toe showing shoes can look).

So today I had my ballet class. I went out of my comfort zone and wore a skirt. I figure I have to get used to it for this half marathon anyway so why not break into it with black tights on underneath. I have an older running skirt that won't work for the half and wore that. It was too big but did the trick. If nothing else, I had better technique while wearing it because I couldn't slack off in the knee department. (Pants will let you hide little knee bends... not tights though!)

I went back to get the girls at my friend's house and S had a meltdown. She started freaking out. I am happy to report that it didn't take her forever to get over it and.... drumroll.... she didn't hit me :) She still struggled on and off during the day but heck, the whole day didn't go to pot so we'll take it.

I worked on setting up the jumping castle after taking S to preschool. The thing just wouldn't inflate all the way. Luckily, DH saved the day with some duct tape when he got home.

M had a church activity. She just HAD to ride her new Ripstik there.

T earned his Ripstik back. He managed to do ALL of what I asked him when he practiced without complaining. And imagine this, it wasn't so bad.

D wished his legs were longer so he could buy a Ripstik. I told him he could spend his money on one like M did but that it wouldn't help him because it would just have to wait a while. You just have to have your legs so far apart to maneuver those things and his legs aren't long enough yet. He wasn't so happy with my suggestion of using his skateboard more. That being said, he didn't totally freak out. This is progress.

S had a few breakdowns but got out of them to an extent. This is great practice for her. It won't help us much to just avoid things that cause breakdowns. She has to learn to get out of them. She is super excited about water day at preschool tomorrow. She has been talking about which swimsuit she is going to wear for two weeks.

C was so happy when DH fixed the jumping castle. I imagine she'll do that a bunch yesterday. We went to a safety fair at the church (a boy's Eagle Scout project). We had to walk a whole 1/2 a mile to get there. C starts saying, "My side hurts. My head hurts. When someone's head hurts you give them pink medicine." What kiddo? You have a side stitch and it hasn't even been a 1/2 mile of very slow walking? It sounds like we need to do more of that.

DH is doing a run on the treadmill (in his old school Vibrams I might add). I skipped today. It's funny how if you start out the week not procrastinating, you want to run even when you should take a day off. I kept thinking I should do it today. But in reality, these knees need a recovery day here and there so I will do a run tomorrow sometime. The six miler needs to actually go somewhere so I have to finish the run to get home. That's the trick with me... I have to head away from mi casa.

I really should go through the kids' rooms and get rid of some stuff before they finish off the school year and know what is going on. I'm tempted to ditch some toys too :)

My goal this next week is to try not to miss anything that is going on for the end of the year at school. It seems like there is just so dang much and we are busy busy. So here is to remembering dress rehersal for M's show, the real show M has a solo in, the show that M is a background singer (another class stars in that one), teddy bear day, 3 'yard sale' days at school (junk needed to be sent for those), preschool end of year show, ballet lessons, swim team, group violin lessons, etc. Add to it two birthday parties, tickets for the zoo on Saturday, season ballet tix, a neighborhood party and I am toast!

No comments: