Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Singing M

I didn't realize M could sing. I mean, she can really sing. Today I went to her dress rehearsal for her school musical. She has the lone solo in it for her class. I was a little worried because M doesn't like performing. She's not usually into having attention on her. But she was awesome. She hit every note in the song and after her teacher came up and mentioned to me that she was such a good little singer.

I don't know where she got it. It's not from me, the lady who can hit about 4 notes.

The kids seemed so grown up. I guess a lot of maturing happens in 4th grade. I did my best to not get teary as that would be embarassing for M.

What else? I did my run today. 3.1 miles. They weren't speedy but they were in the range I am looking to hit. It wasn't too exciting. The kids played at a park and a friend and I went around and around. But it's done and I am glad about that.

C was a bit sad. She saw her friend playing in the circle and C didn't get much of an acknowledgement as her friend walked past her. She sat on the curb and said, "Mom, she ditched me." It's not something you usually hear from your three year old.

Back to laundry I go. It's taking over and I need to be back at the helm. And well, I here C getting into the pantry which is NEVER a good thing.

No comments: