Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fingers Crossed

I'm hoping S snaps out of things tomorrow. Today was the second day of one of the episodes. I tried all the good theraputic parenting things. I even had her come clean the floors with me so we could bond and talk while doing something productive. (It's easier to just clean the floor myself.) But the kid that came in and demanded breakfast when we were still in bed was in the same mood when it was her bedtime. I got out a bunch of toys that can't destroy walls and although she usually loves doing picnics for her animals, it was just plain boring for her today. She wouldn't play with them. She kept asking questions for which she already knew the answer.

But there is hope. When she snaps out of these times it's quick. I'm hoping a good rest and a slight increase in her meds will help her snap out. It's much more fun to have her around when she isn't trying to control everything. And I think it's much more fun for her too.

As for the kiddos....

M was charmed by C today as C made up a pink sauce song.

T actually turned in his homework the first day he could for the week. He also didn't complain about cleaning up after the dog or taking the trash out. We are making progress.

D had a sub and still had a good day at school :) He spent a chunk of his free time on the wet swing set hanging like a monkey.

S... well, she's sleeping.

C actually took a nap and that gave me time to read a book. (I should have cleaned but read the Princess Academy instead.)

I cleaned, held S when she was out of control, read S and her friend books while C threw a fit because she had to clean up her toys, found a great deal on soap, read a book, cooked some halibut, visited a friend, tried to find an excuse to not run, and then ran anyway. It turned out to be a pretty busy day!

1 comment:

atypical said...

well, I hope the new day brings present eyes....